Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
Citizen sector organizations led by Ashoka Fellows are harnessing the power of business to solve social problems
Author: Valeria Budinich, Olivier Kayser, Policy Innovations [USA]
Rodrigo Alvarez owns three hectares of lemon trees in Guerrero, Mexico, barely enough to keep his family alive...A loan of 75,000 Pesos ($6,800)—the market price for an effective irrigation system—would allow Rodrigo to triple his revenues...he could...
Author: Climate Counts
The Climate Counts Company Scorecard provides consumers with an objective, balanced way to gauge which companies are seriously committed to reversing climate change—and which ones are not...Our full scorecard ranks 56 companies in eight major consumer...
- Related stories: Non-profit "Climate Counts" ranks 56 companies on climate change performance
- Related companies: Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Apple Avon Burger King Canon CBS Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Darden Restaurants eBay Gap General Electric General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Jones Group Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Levi Strauss Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) McDonald's Microsoft Molson Coors Motorola Nestlé News Corporation Nike Nokia PepsiCo Procter & Gamble SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Samsung Sara Lee Siemens Sony Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Time Warner Toshiba Unilever VF Corp Viacom Walt Disney Wendy's YUM!
Author: Eric Onstad, Reuters
The world's biggest corporations are scrambling to tap a market they have largely ignored for decades -- the world's 4 billion poor people...[Author C.K.] Prahalad sees the move by big firms as a win-win situation, with companies boosting sales while...
Author: Observatoire sur la Responsabilité Sociétale des Entreprises (ORSE)
From the industrial sector to the services sector, 59 companies have signed an international framework agreement (IFA) with a global union federation since Danone has started the phenomenon with UNI in 1988...In this directory, ORSE shows the...
Author: Observatoire sur la Responsibilite Societale des Entreprises (ORSE)
[Full list of companies with international framework agreements, with links to full text of most of them]: Quebecor, VolkerWessels, France Telecom, National Australia Bank, Staedler, Euradius, Nampak, Royal Bam, Securitas, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Portugal...
- Related stories: 59 Intl. Framework Agreements between companies & unions - survey & recommendations by ORSE
- Related companies: Accor AngloGold Ashanti Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Arcelor Mittal Ballast Nedam BMW Bosch Carrefour Chiquita Club Med DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Euradius Faber-Castell Falck Fonterra France Telecom (now Orange) Freudenberg GEA Group H&M Hochtief IKEA Impregilo ISS Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Leoni AG Lukoil Merloni Elettrodomestici (part of Indesit Company) Metro Group National Australia Bank Norske Skog OTE Portugal Telecom Prym PSA Peugeot-Citroën Quebecor RAG Rheinmetall Rhodia Royal BAM SCA Securitas AB Group Skanska SKF Stabilo Staedler Telefónica Veidekke VolkerWessels Volkswagen
Author: Goldman Sachs
The GS SUSTAIN focus list is aimed at long-term, long only performance, with a low turnover of ideas. It incorporates 21 identified winners from mature industries, which are set to undergo structural change or maintain a leadership position, and 23...
- Related stories: Goldman Sachs launches "GS Sustain" -- list of 44 firms it believes will outperform for environmental/social reasons
- Related companies: Actelion Amylin BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British Sky Broadcasting Centrosolar D1 Oils Danone Diageo Elan Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ersol Solar Energy FP Corporation Genentech Genmab Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Intercell Kellogg LKQ Corporation Merck Nestlé Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Ormat Pentair PepsiCo Petrobras Posco Reed Elsevier Group Rio Tinto Roche Shanks Sinomem Solar Millenium SunPower Suntech Power Sunways Vestas Wind Systems Vivendi Voestalpine WPP
Bridgestone – Firestone Argentina: Closed Preventively for Failure to Comply with Environmental and Safety Regulations
Author: Center for Human Rights & Environment (CEDHA)
Bridgestone Firestone Argentina...was forced to close its doors yesterday by order of the federal environment authority (the SAYDS), a preventive measure for failing to comply with environmental regulations, including the expiration of necessary...