Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Durch die Wahl des sich in die Tradition der Militärdiktatur stellenden Jair Bolsonaro zum Präsidenten Brasiliens steht nach Einschätzung der Umwelt- und Entwicklungsorganisation Germanwatch die Menschenrechts- und Klimapolitik des größten Landes...
- Related companies: Deutsche Bank
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Deutsche Bank to respond, it did not.
- Related stories: Major news organisations and business leaders withdraw from Saudi investment conference over missing journalist
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- This is a non response from the following companies: Deutsche Bank
Global Witness report alleges EU investors help bankroll human rights & environmental abuses; incl. co responses
On 6 September 2018, Global Witness published a new briefing paper on the role that EU-based investors have played in supporting projects linked to human rights abuses, land grabs and large-scale environmental destruction. The report argues that while...
USA: Indigenous women's delegation calls for stronger human rights & environmental protections in the Equator Principles
Author: Women's Earth & Climate Action Network, International
A fourth Indigenous Women’s Divestment Delegation will travel to New York City and Washington D.C. from October 15-17th, to take part in high-level meetings engaging the Equator Principle Association banks (EP banks) and the credit rating agency MSCI,...
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank UBS
Author: Sebastian Tong, Chisaki Watanabe & Jeremy Hodges, Business Day (So. Africa)
"Standard Chartered to pull plug on financing for coal plants"...
Author: Facing Finance...
Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
"The global extractives industry is heavily involved in some of the worst labour, environmental and human rights violations. The rights of communities, farmers and indigenous people are being trampled in the push for ever more extraction. Indeed all b...
"Deutsche Bank aims to avoid environmental and social (ES) risks that might result from its business activities. In our publically available ES Policy Framework1 we explain our approach to identifying risks related to new business opportunities and...
- Related stories: Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
- This is a response from the following companies: Deutsche Bank
Commentary: Social investing is on the rise, yet measuring impact often fails to incl. human rights expertise
Author: David Kinley, Ethical Corporation
"‘Can booming social bond market really turn finance to the good side?’", 28 June 2018...
Author: BankTrack & Oxfam Australia
This paper reviews banks’ responsibilities and provides suggestions and recommendations for how banks can develop and implement effective operational-level grievance mechanisms that will be legitimate, trusted and meet their responsibilities under the...