Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
USA: Ex-employee files lawsuit against chemical co. alleging hostile work environment led to anxiety & forced him to retire
Author: Kristine Gonzales-Abella, SE Texas Record (USA)
"Former Dow Chemical employee alleges hostile working environment forced him to retire", 17 Jul 2018...
Author: David Bilchitz
"The Necessity for a Business and Human Rights Treaty," 2 May 2016...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 1, Issue 2)
- Related companies: Dow Chemical Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Union Carbide (part of Dow)
B Team report highlights positive company actions to reach net-zero GHG emissions by 2050 & ensure a just transition
Author: The B Team
... The B Team companies working towards net-zero [emissions] are from a diverse set of industries... yet common challenges can be identified... [For example,] cleaning up an entire companies energy supply continues to be an immense challenge,...
This briefing provides a snapshot overview of allegations of human rights abuses brought against companies in the chemical industry. It was developed in collaboration with the UN Special Rapporteur on the implications for human rights of the...
Author: Ludovic Dupin, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« One planet summit : les cinq engagements qui font (vraiment) entrer l’accord de paris dans l’économie réelle », 14 décembre 2017...
Author: Desastre (México)
“Estas son las mejores empresas para trabajar si eres LGBT en México”, 6 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Pasos positivos
- Related companies: Accenture American Express AT&T Berkshire Hathaway Cinépolis Citibanamex (formerly Banamex, part of Citigroup) CompuCom Dow Chemical Edelman EY (Ernst & Young) Ford General Electric Google México (part of Alphabet) Herman Miller IBM JPMorgan Chase Kellogg MasterCard Nielsen PayPal (part of eBay) Pemex PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble SAP Scotiabank Sodexo TE Connectivity The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Uber Unilever
USA: Property owners file lawsuit against 3 co's for disposing of radioactive wastes harmful to health & environment
Author: Dan Telvock, Investigative Post
"Land owners sue over radioactive waste," 18 October 2017...
India: State High Court stays criminal proceedings against ex-top cop for aiding Warren Anderson flee
Author: Live Law News Network (India)
"Bhopal Tragedy: MP HC Stays Criminal Proceedings Against Ex-DGP For Aiding Warren Anderson Flee India", 21 Sep 2017...
- Related stories: Amnesty International Demands Dow-Union Carbide Appear in Court - Activists join nations around the world to demand justice for Bhopal victims Former Union Carbide CEO Warren Anderson died unpunished, say survivors of Bhopal gas tragedy Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Dow Chemical Union Carbide (part of Dow)