Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
India: State High Court stays criminal proceedings against ex-top cop for aiding Warren Anderson flee
Author: Live Law News Network (India)
"Bhopal Tragedy: MP HC Stays Criminal Proceedings Against Ex-DGP For Aiding Warren Anderson Flee India", 21 Sep 2017...
- Related stories: Amnesty International Demands Dow-Union Carbide Appear in Court - Activists join nations around the world to demand justice for Bhopal victims Former Union Carbide CEO Warren Anderson died unpunished, say survivors of Bhopal gas tragedy Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Dow Chemical Union Carbide (part of Dow)
Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
Five members of the American Manufacturing Council resigned following President Trump's failure to quickly condemn racism and violence by white supremacists at a rally in Charlottesville. The rally was organised to protest the planned removal of a...
President Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Agreement has faced significant criticism from the business community. In advance of the decision, over one thousand companies publicly declared their support for the Paris Agreement and following the...
In response, Dow stated that “IECA does not represent Dow on this issue” and provided a link to its statement about the Paris Agreement: Dow is the leading materials science company in the world and innovates and manufactures many low carbon...
- Related stories: Members of US business org IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- This is a response from the following companies: Dow Chemical
Author: Han Chen, NRDC
"Companies Defend Paris Deal Because of its Economic Benefits", Published on 1 June 2017...
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- Related companies: Alcoa Corning Dow Chemical LafargeHolcim
Author: Claus Hulverscheidt, Süddeutsche
"Wie die US-Wirtschaftsbosse für den Klimaschutz kämpfen", 2 Juni 2017...
Author: Press Trust of India
...NGO Amnesty International is lobbying with the US lawmakers to advocate for "protection of human rights defenders" in India among other countries, as also to seek "political pressure" on the American companies responsible for the Bhopal gas tragedy...
- Related stories: Amnesty International Demands Dow-Union Carbide Appear in Court - Activists join nations around the world to demand justice for Bhopal victims Amnesty Intl. seeks investigation by US securities regulators of Dow attempts to seek indemnity in India for Bhopal liabilities Bhopal gas victims, govt call truce [India] India: 30th anniversary of Bhopal gas tragedy - victims still await justice India: Survivors & victims of 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy continue to await justice & fair compensation India: US court rejects case against Union Carbide - petition was over pollution of soil and groundwater from Bhopal gas tragedy Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Dow Chemical
USA: Dangerous levels of unregulated chemical linked to cancer found in drinking water, according to California’s State Water Board
Author: Stephen Stock, Michael Bott and Jeremy Carroll, KNTV
As many as 1 million Californians, mostly in the farming communities of the Central Valley, have dangerous levels of an unregulated chemical linked to cancer in their drinking water, according to California’s State Water Board....
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci