Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Thirty-five prominent financial institutions and Internet industry leaders have joined with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children…and its sister organization, the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children…in the...
- Related in-depth areas: Key initiatives & reports Latest news on Children Positive initiatives
- Related companies: American Express AOL Banco Bradesco Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) BNY Mellon Capital One Citigroup Deutsche Bank eBay First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Google HSBC JPMorgan Chase Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) MasterCard Microsoft PayPal (part of eBay) Standard Chartered Time Warner Visa International Wells Fargo Western Union Yahoo!
Author: Salil Tripathi, Institute for Human Rights and Business
The controversy over WikiLeaks has raised five separate but interlinked issues from the human rights perspective...[S]everal companies have taken unusually aggressive steps to cripple WikiLeaks’s ability to operate...No legal authority has asked these...
Author: Jillian York, Harvard Law School's Berkman Centre for Internet & Society, in Al Jazeera
Now, in the wake of Cablegate, it is no longer just [Julian] Assange...or WikiLeaks, but Internet freedom that is at risk. For some time, free speech activists have expressed concern about the powers that private companies have over online speech......
Author: PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Carbon Disclosure Project
In 2010, the CDP asked the world’s 500 largest public companies in the FTSE Global Equity Index Series...to demonstrate that they are taking action on climate change. This report, prepared by CDP’s global adviser, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC),...
- Related stories: Report says carbon management becoming a "strategic business priority" - says Siemens, Deutsche Post, BASF, Bayer, Samsung top 5 firms for carbon disclosure
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Akzo Nobel Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Anheuser-Busch InBev Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Atlantia Aviva AXA BAE Systems Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BG Group Bharti Airtel BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BOC Group (part of Linde) Boeing Bouygues BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) BYD Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Caisse d'Epargne Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Central Japan Railway Centrica CEZ Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Telecom China Unicom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) CNP Assurances Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Danske Bank DBS Bank Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON East Japan Railway eBay Ecopetrol EDF Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Exelon Express Scripts ExxonMobil FedEx Fiat Ford Fortum France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Gap Gazprom GDF Suez (now Engie) General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Groupe Banque Populaire Grupo ACS H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Henderson Land Hess Corporation Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Husky Energy Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group Iberdrola IBM ICICI ICL Plastics Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation Inditex Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Itaú-BBA ITC Jardine Matheson JFE Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) KB Home KBC KDDI Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Larsen & Toubro Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola MTN MTR Munich Re Naspers Group National Australia Bank National Grid National Oilwell Varco Natixis (joint venture Caisse d'Epargne & Groupe Banque Populaire) Newcrest Newmont News Corporation Nike Nintendo Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTT Docomo Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris International PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Praxair Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Prudential plc PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Richemont Rio Tinto Roche Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi Santander SAP Sasol Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Seven & i Shell Shin Shin-Etsu Group Shinhan Bank Siemens Sime Darby Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Southwestern Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples Starbucks State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Teck Resources Telecom Italia Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments ThyssenKrupp Time Warner TJX Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Tullow Oil Tyco UBS Unibail UniCredit Bulbank Unilever Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Viacom Vinci Visa Inc. Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Wal-Mart de Mexico Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wesfarmers Westfield Westpac Wharf Holdings Wilmar International Wipro Woolworths Group Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich
Author: Dan Levin, New York Times
A query [on Amazon.cn] for Zhao Ziyang — …who…[supported] the 1989 democracy demonstration in Tiananmen Square — returns no matches... Amazon’s U.S. headquarters declined to comment on the issue of censorship, saying only that the company was obliged...
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Following the massive earthquake that struck Haiti on 12 January 2010, companies announced the following contributions to humanitarian relief: [refers to donations by over 300 companies]
- Related stories: Haiti: US companies including Coca Cola, Wal-Mart, Procter & Gamble, UPS, General Motors pledge humanitarian aid to earthquake victims
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices Ahold Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allstate Alticor Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Amway (part of Alticor) Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Avon Bank of America Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Baxter International Bayer BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bertelsmann Best Buy BNY Mellon Booz Allen Hamilton BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Cablevision Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Cargill Carnival Caterpillar Chiquita Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Citigroup Coca-Cola Comcast ConAgra Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Cummins CVS Daimler Darden Restaurants Delhaize Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Digicel Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON Eaton eBay Ecolab Eli Lilly Emcor Group EnCana Entergy Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx Fifth Third Bank Fiji Water (part of Roll International) First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors Gerdau GlaxoSmithKline Go Daddy Goldman Sachs Goodrich Google Grand Circle Travel Green Mountain Coffee Hanesbrands Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Heinz Hess Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Intel International Paper Irving Oil ITT Industries Jean Coutu Group John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Loews Lowe's LVMH Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Mattel McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola National Bank of Canada National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nestlé New York Life News Corporation Nissan Northrop Grumman NRG Energy NYSE Euronext Office Depot Oshkosh B'Gosh Panasonic Parsons Pentair PepsiCo Pfizer Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Publix RadioShack Random House Reynolds American Rite Aid Roll International Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Royal Caribbean Cruises Safeway (USA) Salesforce.com SanDisk Scotiabank Sempra Energy Shell Siemens Smith & Nephew Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Symantec Target Tenet Healthcare Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Tyson UBS Unilever Union Pacific United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Verizon Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market YUM!
More than two dozen of the United States' most prominent...companies sent a letter to President Obama today urging...[him] to take a leadership role when he arrives in Copenhagen...and secure a robust international climate agreement. "This agreement...
- Related stories: 28 major US companies call on Obama to lead push at Copenhagen for targeted emissions cuts & finance from rich countries
- Related companies: Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Clif Bar Dow Chemical eBay Eileen Fisher Gap Ingersoll-Rand Levi Strauss Microsoft Nike North Face (part of VF Corp) PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group Seventh Generation Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Sun Microsystems Symantec Timberland Unilever
Nike has taken the top score for the annual Climate Counts scorecard for the second year in a row, but there are some companies hot on Nike's heels and others that made large leaps in the past year. Climate Counts' third annual scorecard covers 90...
- Related companies: AirTran Apple Burger King Canon Capital One Carlson Citigroup Danone Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) eBay ExpressJet General Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyatt IBM L'Oreal Levi Strauss Liz Claiborne Motorola News Corporation Nike PNC Financial Services Regions Financial SkyWest Air Stonyfield Farm SunTrust Banks Toshiba Unilever UPS US Airways VF Corp Viacom Wendy's/Arby's Group