Headquarters in Switzerland
Ecom Agroindustrial website: www.ecomtrading.com
Business model of agricultural traders in Switzerland raises human rights concerns, according to NGO report urging tougher rules
In June 2019, the Swiss NGO Public Eye published a report titled "Agricultural Commodity Traders in Switzerland: Benefitting from Misery?" looking at Switzerland’s role as a global hub of agricultural commodities. According to the report, the...
Following are our comments to references to the ECOM Agroindustrial Group of companies made in the Public Eye Report dated June 2019 entitled “Agricultural Commodity Traders in Switzerland – Benefitting from Misery?”...
- This is a response from the following companies: Ecom Agroindustrial
Brazil: Repórter Brasil releases report on poor working conditions & irregular use of pesticides on certified coffee farms, it includes companies’ comments
Repórter Brasil releases a report on poor working conditions and irregular use of pesticides on coffee farms certified by important labels of good practices such as UTZ, Rainforest Alliance, Imaflora, Certifica Minas and sustainable procurement progra...
[PDF] Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
Author: OECD Watch
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Glencore, POSCO, Shell, Statkraft and Ratiopharm to respond to certain allegations in the guide. Responses provided.] The guide is intended to help you understand how the dispute resolution...
- Related stories: OECD Watch issues "Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises".
- Related in-depth areas: “Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises”
- Related companies: Accor Afrimex Airbus (part of EADS) Arcelor Mittal BAE Systems BP Cargill Cermaq Continental AG EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Ecom Agroindustrial Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) ICT Cotton Intex Resources Louis Dreyfus Nidera Oryx Natural Resources Otto Stadtlander Posco Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rolls-Royce plc Shell Statkraft Vedanta Resources
[DOC] Agreement with Otto Stadtlander/Germany and EcomAgroindustrial/Switzerland in OECD-proceedings [Uzbekistan]
Author: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights
ECCHR and the cotton traders Otto Stadtlander GmbH/Germany und EcomAgroindustrial/Switzerland have reached agreements in the course of consultation proceedings. The agreements have been published on 16 and 23 December 2012 on the NCP´s websites.....
Author: Simon Clark & Heather Walsh, Bloomberg
...[t]he push to increase sales of goods deemed to be free of child labor and other practices has divided the movement, raised questions of whether going mainstream will undermine the cooperative farmers it was created to help and, most of all,...
Author: Le Temps [Côte d'Ivoire]
...[La] décision de l’Etat de prendre en main l’achat et l’exportation du cacao est en train de faire...fissurer le front anti-Gbagbo sur le marché mondial du cacao...[L]’un des gros exportateurs de cacao de Côte d’Ivoire, le trader Noble Group a...
- Related stories: Côte d'Ivoire : Noble Group se déclare prêt à exporter le cacao et payer les taxes au gouvernement Gbagbo - d'autres commerçants internationaux pourraient suivre dès le 31 mars
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos « conflits et paix »
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Barry Callebaut Cargill Ecom Agroindustrial Noble Group Olam