Headquarters in Germany
Oxfam reveals poverty pay, harsh working conditions & gender discrimination in intl. supermarkets' food supply chains; Includes company responses
Oxfam has released new research, which included in-depth interviews with workers in India and Brazil and a survey of workers in five other countries, revealing widespread labour rights allegations - including poverty pay, harsh working conditions, and...
- Related stories: Les supermarchés européens manquent de vigilance quant aux conditions de travail dans leurs chaînes d'approvisionnement, selon Oxfam Oxfam reveals poverty pay, harsh working conditions & gender discrimination in intl. supermarkets' food supply chains; Includes company responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Edeka Group
Oxfam has assessed 16 large supermarkets across the US and Europe on their policies and practices in their food supply chains. Oxfam looked at the transparency of their supply chains, treatment of small-scale farmers and women workers in their supply...
Author: Oxfam International
...Inequality is rampant across the global economy, and the agro‐food sector is no exception. At the top, big supermarkets4 and other corporate food giants dominate global food markets, allowing them to squeeze value from vast supply chains that span...
Author: Oxfam Germany
...A new Supermarkets Scorecard developed by Oxfam rates some of the biggest and fastest growing supermarkets in Germany...on the strength of their publicly available policies and reported practices to address human rights and social sustainability...
Author: Oxfam International and the Sustainable Seafood Alliance Indonesia
... Our interviews with workers on Thai fishing vessels... suggest that forced labour and other appalling employment practices are still in use. Our findings echo those of other recent reports, meaning that supermarkets sourcing shrimp and other...
- Related stories: Oxfam scores US and European supermarkets on food supply chains
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Fishing
- Related companies: Ahold Delhaize Albertsons Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Costco Edeka Group Jumbo Kroger Lidl Morrisons Plus REWE-Group Sainsbury's Tesco Walmart Whole Foods Market