[PDF] Principles and Mechanisms to Hold Business Accountable for Human Rights Abuses: Potential Avenues to Challenge Corporate Involvement in Israel's Oppression of the Palestinian People
Author: Yasmine Gado, BADIL Resource Center
One of the most important legal challenges today is the battle to hold transnational corporations (TNCs) accountable for their involvement in human rights violations. Efforts are currently being made by a variety of actors in what is referred to as...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Ahava Alstom Caterpillar Chevron Connex (part of Veolia Environnement) Dexia Drummond Elbit Systems Fidelity Investments General Motors Lev Leviev Group Motorola Shell Talisman Unocal (part of Chevron) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement) Yahoo!
Author: Aasa Christine Stoltz & Wojciech Moskwa, Reuters
Norway's sovereign wealth fund has sold its stake in Israeli company Elbit Systems because it supplied surveillance equipment for the separation barrier in the West Bank. The $400 billion-plus…fund…has in the past ruled out investing in some two dozen...
- Related stories: Norway's sovereign fund divests from Elbit for "contributing to violations of humanitarian law" by supplying equipment for West Bank separation barrier
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine
- Related companies: Elbit Systems
Author: Council on Ethics, Norwegian Government Pension Fund - Global
The Council on Ethics recommends that the Israeli company Elbit Systems Ltd (“Elbit”) be excluded from the Government Pension Fund – Global. Elbit supplies a surveillance system that is part of the separation barrier being built by the Israeli...
Author: MAALA - Business for Social Responsibility in Israel
Public Companies...Leading Ten [:]...Bagir...Bank Hapoalim...Baran group...Discount bank...Eden springs...Elbit systems...Leumi bank...Osem...Strauss group...Tower semiconductor...Companies Not traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange...Leading five [:]....
Author: Ronen Bodoni, ynetnews.com [Israel]
Report issued by [Amnesty International, OXFAM International, and IANSA] focuses on contribution of global arms trade to escalation in worldwide violence...Another example regarding Israel is the selling of the US made Apache [manufactured by Boeing]...
Author: Control Arms Coalition [Oxfam, Amnesty International, International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA)]
85 of the world’s top 100 arms companies in 2003 were headquartered in the industrialised world. This paper shows how many of them (including...Pratt and Whitney [part of United Technologies]...Mercedes-Benz [part of DaimlerChrysler] and...BAE Systems...
- Related stories: Amnesty & Oxfam report says arms companies may be transferring production overseas to avoid controls at home - weapons reaching human rights abusers
- Related in-depth areas: Arms & weapons Killings - an introduction NGO
- Related companies: BAE Systems Boeing DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Doosan Group EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Elbit Systems Ford Land Rover (part of Tata) Land Systems OMC (part of BAE Systems) Lockheed Martin Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Pratt and Whitney (part of United Technologies) Raytheon Thyssen Henschel United Technologies