Author: Maala - Business for Social Responsibility [Israel]
Maala Organization unveiled the "2010 Maala Index for Social Responsibility" at the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange...Most of the ranking data serve to indicate an increase in the number of companies participating in the index...growth in the number of...
- Related stories: Israel: Maala Business for Social Responsibility 2010 index finds more companies have a code of ethics, but no improvement in women equality, employment of minorities, disabled
- Related companies: Applied Materials Bank Hapoalim Baran Eden Springs Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Israel Discount Bank Leumi Makhteshim Chemical Works Microsoft Motorola Netafim Ormat Osem Procter & Gamble SanDisk Strauss Teva Pharmaceutical Unilever
Author: Council on Ethics for the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global
The Council on Ethics for the Norwegian Government’s Pension Fund Global…makes recommendations…on the potential exclusion of companies from the Pension Fund on the basis of acts or omissions that contravene the criteria in the Ethical Guidelines for...
- Related companies: Alliant Techsystems Barrick Gold Dongfeng Motor DRDGold Elbit Systems Freeport-McMoRan General Dynamics Hanwha L-3 Communications Lockheed Martin Norilsk Nickel Poongsan Raytheon Rio Tinto ST Engineering (Singapore Technologies Engineering) Textron Thales United Technologies Vedanta Resources Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) Walmart
Author: Adri Nieuwhof, The Electronic Intifada
One of the largest Dutch pension funds [ABP] told The Electronic Intifada today that it is selling off its shares in Elbit. The wave of divestment follows campaigning by Palestinian organizations and international solidarity activists to divest from...
[PDF] Principles and Mechanisms to Hold Business Accountable for Human Rights Abuses: Potential Avenues to Challenge Corporate Involvement in Israel's Oppression of the Palestinian People
Author: Yasmine Gado, BADIL Resource Center
One of the most important legal challenges today is the battle to hold transnational corporations (TNCs) accountable for their involvement in human rights violations. Efforts are currently being made by a variety of actors in what is referred to as...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Ahava Alstom Caterpillar Chevron Connex (part of Veolia Environnement) Dexia Drummond Elbit Systems Fidelity Investments General Motors Lev Leviev Group Motorola Shell Talisman Unocal (part of Chevron) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement) Yahoo!
Author: Aasa Christine Stoltz & Wojciech Moskwa, Reuters
Norway's sovereign wealth fund has sold its stake in Israeli company Elbit Systems because it supplied surveillance equipment for the separation barrier in the West Bank. The $400 billion-plus…fund…has in the past ruled out investing in some two dozen...
- Related stories: Norway's sovereign fund divests from Elbit for "contributing to violations of humanitarian law" by supplying equipment for West Bank separation barrier
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine
- Related companies: Elbit Systems
Author: Council on Ethics, Norwegian Government Pension Fund - Global
The Council on Ethics recommends that the Israeli company Elbit Systems Ltd (“Elbit”) be excluded from the Government Pension Fund – Global. Elbit supplies a surveillance system that is part of the separation barrier being built by the Israeli...
Author: MAALA - Business for Social Responsibility in Israel
Public Companies...Leading Ten [:]...Bagir...Bank Hapoalim...Baran group...Discount bank...Eden springs...Elbit systems...Leumi bank...Osem...Strauss group...Tower semiconductor...Companies Not traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange...Leading five [:]....
Author: Ronen Bodoni, ynetnews.com [Israel]
Report issued by [Amnesty International, OXFAM International, and IANSA] focuses on contribution of global arms trade to escalation in worldwide violence...Another example regarding Israel is the selling of the US made Apache [manufactured by Boeing]...