Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total)
Member of UN Global Compact
In 2000 Elf Aquitaine merged with Total Fina to form TotalFinaElf, which changed its name to Total in 2003.
Author: OHCHR, IBLF, UN Global Compact & Castan Centre for Human Rights Law at Faculty of Law, Monash University [Australia]
Readers are guided through each of the rights contained in the UN treaties...and given a description of what each right means in general terms and how it may be relevant to a company’s activities...To bring reality to the report, each description of a...
- Related stories: Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) New practical human rights guide for business by UN Global Compact, IBLF, Castan Centre, OHCHR Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Arbitrary detention - an introduction Health - an introduction Killings - an introduction Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Abengoa adidas Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Alibaba.com AOL Barclays Bayer Bayer CropScience (part of Bayer) Bebidas y Alimentos Bechtel Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BHP Billiton BP British Airways British American Tobacco CACI CBRL Group Chevron Cisco Systems Coca-Cola Cracker Barrel (part of CBRL Group) Credit Suisse Dow Chemical Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Emergent Genetics (part of Monsanto) Enron Ernst & Young Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan G4S GlaxoSmithKline Google GSL Australia (now G4S Australia) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA James Hardie Johnson & Johnson KPMG Levi Strauss Marriott McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto Novartis Pentland Group Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Shell Starbucks Titan (now L-3 Titan) Total Toyota TPG UBS Unilever Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!
Author: Davidson Iriekpen, This Day [Nigeria]
Shell Petroleum Develop-ment Company (SPDC) and Elf Petroleum Nigeria Ltd have asked the ECOWAS Community Court of Justice in Abuja to dismiss a suit instituted against the oil companies by the Registered Trustees of the Socio-Economic Rights &...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Chevron ConocoPhillips Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni ExxonMobil Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell Total
Author: UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
A major assessment of the impacts of oil production in the Ogoni region of the Niger Delta was jointly launched today by the Governor of Rivers State and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) in Bori, Nigeria. The assessment, which was...
- Related stories: Nigeria: UN Environment Programme launches assessment of oil-contaminated Ogoni region, paid for by Shell
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights impacts of oil pollution: Nigeria
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell Total
Author: Service d'information des Nations Unies
Une évaluation menée par le Programme des Nations Unies pour l'environnement (PNUE) avec le soutien du gouverneur de l'Etat de Rivers, au Nigéria, va analyser pendant un an l'impact de la production pétrolière en termes de pollution sur les eaux du...
Author: Socio-Economic Rights & Accountability Project (SERAP)
The ECOWAS Community Court of Justice in Abuja has held that it has jurisdiction to entertain a case brought by the Registered Trustees of the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) against the Federal Government and six oil...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Chevron Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni ExxonMobil Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell Total
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing highlights reports from a range of sources about how businesses have impacted human rights, positively and negatively, in Anglophone Africa over the past year... [Headings:] Examples of the “resource curse” ...HIV/AIDS and TB...Dams:...
- Related stories: New briefing on business & human rights in Anglophone Africa, by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: Accor AGIP (part of Eni) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Best Western Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Carlson Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Collum Coal Mining Daimler De Beers DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni Ericsson ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Ford General Motors Hess Corporation Hilton Hyatt IBM InterContinental Hotels Lahmeyer Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer Mbada Diamonds (joint venture New Reclamation Group & Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation) Microsoft MTN New Reclamation Newmont NH Hoteles Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Rapaport Group Red Back Mining Rheinmetall Richemont SABMiller Salini Impregilo Shell Starwood Hotels Total Tullow Oil Vanco Energy Walmart Wilderness Safaris Zain Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Author: United Nations Environment Programme
This report presents the results of an environmental assessment…in Ogoniland, Nigeria. The study covers thematic issues of contaminated land, groundwater, surface water and sediments, vegetation, air pollution and public health…Ogoniland has witnessed...
Author: Geert van Vliet et Géraud Magrin, CIRAD, pour l'Agence française de développement
[Le Centre de Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l'Homme a invité la CNPC à répondre à ce rapport. Sa réponse et disponible (seulement en chinois) dans le document ci-dessous.] Ce livre aborde les facteurs qui influencent la gestion...
- Related stories: Un nouveau livre analyse les facteurs qui influencent la gestion environnementale de la CNPC au Tchad
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Chevron China Development Bank China Exim China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) ConocoPhillips Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) EnCana ExxonMobil Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Orano (formerly Areva) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Shell Sinopec Talisman (part of Repsol) Total