Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Brian Melley, Claims Journal
"Big Oil Loses Appeal, Climate Suits Go to California Courts," 28 May 2020...
- Related stories: California communities’ lawsuit against 37 fossil fuel companies (re climate change compensation)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Apache ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Eni ExxonMobil Marathon Oil Marathon Petroleum Occidental Petroleum Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)
Author: Kaos en la Red
“Colombia. Duque respalda contratos de fracking con Exxon y Ecopetrol” -2 de mayo de 2020-...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Ecopetrol ExxonMobil
Pandemic Crisis, Systemic Decline: Why Exploiting the COVID-19 Crisis Will Not Save the Oil, Gas and Plastic Industries
Author: Center for International Environmental Law
...the crisis is...spurring unprecedented lobbying by some of the world's largest corporations. While some of these lobbying efforts seek legitimate government support to help companies, workers, and communities confront an economic and social...
Author: Emily Holden, The Guardian
A massive deepwater oil spill is nearly as likely today as it was in 2010, experts warn... and has been made more likely by the Trump administration’s decision to loosen Obama-era safety rules... Outside of safety concerns, the scientific community is...
- Related stories: USA: Ten years after Deepwater Horizon oil spill, advocates highlight long-term health, environmental & economic impacts
- Related companies: ExxonMobil Shell
Mozambique: Islamist attacks near gas projects pose increasing security threat; including comments from Total and ExxonMobil
Author: Reuters & US News
"Mozambique Army, Islamist Insurgents Battle in Town Close to Gas Projects - Police", 23 March 2020....
Author: Dana Drugmand, Desmog (USA)
"‘Fossil Fuel Companies Knew’: Honolulu Files Lawsuit Over Climate Impacts", 9 Mar 2020...
USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
On 15 January 2020, the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) released the latest proposed rule to implement Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Section 1504 requires companies operating in the...
ExxonMobil is committed to the highest standards of business conduct and anti-corruption wherever we operate. We support the need for relevant public and private company government payment disclosure, in order to help citizens hold their governments...
- Related stories: USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: ExxonMobil
Commentary: PNG Govt. ceases negotiations with Exxon Mobil over P'nyang project for allegedly acting in bad faith
Author: Bal Kama, Lowy Institute
"PNG: Booting Exxon gives Marape a boost – for now", 19 February 2020...
ExxonMobil deal deprives Guyana of up to $55 billion according to Global Witness; Exxon disputes allegation
A Global Witness report alleges that ExxonMobil negotiated an exploitative oil deal with the government of Guyana that will cause the country to lose out on up to US$55 billion of revenue, which could have been used to build needed infrastructure and...