Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Exxon Mobil
While the PNG LNG Project is not the cause of PNG's or Hela's low socio-economic indicators, when tied to sound national economic policies, it can be part of a solution that helps Papua New Guineans build a more prosperous and sustainable future for...
- Related stories: Papua New Guinea: Lack of project benefits by ExxonMobil and Oil Search escalate violence within project communities
- This is a response from the following companies: ExxonMobil
Author: EarthRights International
The Colorado communities of Boulder County, San Miguel County, and the City of Boulder—with legal support from EarthRights International, Niskanen Center, and other co-counsel—filed a lawsuit against Suncor and ExxonMobil ("Exxon"), two oil companies...
- Related stories: USA: Colorado communities file lawsuit against Suncor & ExxonMobil to hold them accountable for the costs of climate change
- Related companies: ExxonMobil Suncor
USA: Colorado communities file lawsuit against Suncor & ExxonMobil to hold them accountable for the costs of climate change
On April 17th, 2018, the Colorado communities of Boulder County, San Miguel County, and the City of Boulder filed a lawsuit against Suncor and ExxonMobil, with legal support from EarthRights International, Niskanen Center, and other co-counsel. The...
USA: Court rules Attorney General can request records to investigate whether Exxon concealed its knowledge of climate change
Author: Nate Raymond, Reuters
"Massachusetts top court rules against Exxon in climate change probe", 13 Apr 2018...
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
Liberia: New Global Witness report critical of Exxon's involvement in an oil block deal allegedly tainted with irregularities & undermining transparency
A new Global Witness investigation shows Exxon’s 2013 purchase of Liberia’s Block 13 oil license likely enriched former government officials who may have illegally owned the block. The state oil agency NOCAL also allegedly made unusual, large payments...
Papua New Guinea: Apparent lack of benefits from LNG project allegedly lead to violence within project communities; inc co. statements from ExxonMobil and Oil Search
A media report (linked below) has linked the Papua New Guinea Liquefied Natural Gas Project operations of ExxonMobil and Oil Search to negative human rights impacts....
Author: 350 (France/Brazil)
"COMUNICADO: Paris irá processar indústria fóssil por danos ao clima", 6 de Fevereiro de 2018...A cidade de Paris acaba de anunciar a decisão de que, seguindo o exemplo de Nova York e outras cidades dos Estados Unidos, irá explorar as possibilidades...
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Limited