Headquarters in Switzerland
Clarification statement to stakeholders by FIFA regarding the Amnesty International publication of 25 September 2018 involving a company operating in Qatar
On 25 September 2018, Amnesty International published a press statement and short report documenting labour rights abuses of workers employed for an engineering company, which works on a construction site in Qatar. The report describes serious...
Commentary : FIFA and the IOC's reporting tools can help provide an avenue for human rights complaints
Author: Daniela Heerdt, Rights as Usual
"FIFA and the IOC’s Human Rights Reporting Tools – a Flower in the Remedy Bouquet", 9 September 2018...
- Related companies: FIFA
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
FIFA statement on the procedures involving the four activists who invaded the pitch at the 2018 FIFA World Cup final match
FIFA has been closely following the developments in relation to the four activists who entered the pitch at the 2018 FIFA World Cup final match between the French and Croatian national teams and caused a halt to the game....
- Related stories: Russia: Pussy Riot protestors arrested for World Cup pitch demonstration; FIFA issues public statement
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on major sporting events Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup
- This is a response from the following companies: FIFA
Russia: Pussy Riot protestors arrested for World Cup pitch demonstration; FIFA issues public statement
Related items: FIFA launched complaints mechanism & statement to support human rights defenders & press freedom; UN endorses move FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board releases update on advice to FIFA on the World Cup 2018 and 2026 Bid Evaluation
FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board releases update on advice to FIFA on the World Cup 2018 and 2026 Bid Evaluation
Author: FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board
"Update Statement from the FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board, May 2018"...
Author: Fédération Internationale de Football Association - FIFA (Switzerland)
"FIFA launches complaints mechanism for human rights defenders and journalists", 29 May 2018...
- Related stories: FIFA launches complaints mechanism to support human rights defenders & press freedom associated with its activities
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: FIFA
Commentary: FIFA & 2026 World Cup winning bidder need to implement human rights standards to prevent digital & labour rights abuses
Author: Peter Micek, OpenGlobalRights
"FIFA 2018: digital rights are (finally) playable," 16 May 2018...