Headquarters in Singapore
Author: Global Compact Network Australia & Global Business Initiative on Human Rights (GBI)
...[T]he Global Compact Network Australia (GCNA) and the Global Business Initiative on Human Rights (GBI) have published a summary of a jointly convened webinar focused on business and human rights in ASEAN and China. The discussion explored the human...
This is a report from a project entitled “The Corporate Responsibility to Respect Human Rights in China and Globally”, which aimed to support participants to enter into meaningful peer-to-peer dialogue, and to share policies and practices related to...
[PDF] Sustainable Business & Investment in the global context: Rights, Risks and Responsibilities [China]
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights
This report has been written to document key speeches, discussions, insights and outcomes from a...business-to-business event series entitled ‘Sustainable Business and Investment in the Global Context: Rights, Risks and Responsibilities’, held in...
[PDF] Sustainable Business and Investment in the Global Context: Rights, Risks and Responsibilities - An event series: 16 and 17 April 2013, Beijing, China
Author: Global Business Initiative
On Tuesday 16 April and Wednesday 17 April, an event series was held in Beijing…entitled “Sustainable Business and Investment in the Global Context: Rights, Risks and Responsibilities”. This meeting…[brought] together participants for a practical...
[PDF] Summary of discussions of the Forum on Business and Human Rights, prepared by the Chairperson, John Ruggie
Author: Prepared by the Chairperson, John Ruggie
The present document provides a summary of the discussions of the first annual Forum on Business and Human Rights, held on 4 and 5 December 2012. Due to the word limit of the document and the scale of the event (21 substantive sessions), this summary...
- Related stories: Summary of discussions of Forum on Business and Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Videos & text of presentations & discussions - UN Forum on Business and Human Rights 2012
- Related companies: ABB Aboitiz Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Flextronics Gazprom Hitachi Jindal Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Nedbank Rio Tinto Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Shell Total UBS Vale Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
[PDF] What's Needed: An Overview of Multi-Stakeholder and Industry Activities to Achieve Conflict-Free Minerals
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
[Refers to Advanced Micro Devices (ADM), AIM Metals & Alloys, Alpha, American Mitsuba, AngloGold Ashanti, Apple, Asahi Pretec, AT&T, AVX, Banro, Best Buy, Boeing, BorgWarner, Cartier (part of Richemont), Chrysler, Cisco, Dell, Deloitte, Delphi...
- Related stories: Report finds information & communication industry makes progress eliminating conflict minerals from supply chain while other industries remain behind
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices Alpha Natural Resources AngloGold Ashanti Apple AT&T AVX Banro Best Buy BlackBerry Boeing BorgWarner Bosch Cartier (part of Richemont) Chrysler Cisco Systems Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Denso Dollar General Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Freeport-McMoRan Freudenberg Gécamines General Electric General Motors Google Home Depot Hon Hai Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hunan Nonferrous Metals Group Intel J.C. Penney Kemet Lockheed Martin Lowe's Malaysia Smelting Medtronic Metalor Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Motorola Solutions Nissan Nokia Panasonic PricewaterhouseCoopers Richemont Royal Philips Electronics Sandvik Sears Signet Sony Target Tata Group Tenke Fungurume (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Lundin, Gécamines) Tiffany Toshiba Toyota Traxys ULBA Verizon Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Yazaki
Author: Institute for Human Rights and Business & Global Business Initiative on Human Rights
This report…takes stock of efforts by companies to address human rights impacts associated with their business relationships. Behind the macro trends and data of globalisation lies a complex array of individual business relationships, each with...
- Related stories: Report examines efforts by 14 companies to address human rights impacts associated with their business relationships
- Related in-depth areas: UN Forum on Business and Human Rights - Materials launched at 2012 Forum
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Anglo American Chevron Coca-Cola De Beers Diageo Flextronics General Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) Shell Siemens Sime Darby Syngenta Total
Author: Maplecroft & UN Global Compact
[On August 3, 2012, the UN Global Compact and Maplecroft co-hosted the Conflict Minerals webinar, with the support of the GE Foundation. The webinar examined the risks posed by conflict minerals to multi-national corporations and featured speakers...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices AMC Group Apple AVX Bosch Canon De Beers Dell Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) General Electric Gold Fields Google Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Kemet Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Motorola Solutions Nintendo Nokia Panasonic Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) SanDisk Sharp Thailand Smelting and Refining (part of AMC Group) Toshiba Traxys