Foxconn (part of Hon Hai)
Headquarters in Taiwan
Major global brands implicated in Australian Strategic Policy Institute's report on forced labour in China
Author: Sydney Morning Herald
“Nike, Apple among dozens of major brands implicated in report on forced labour”, 1 March 2020...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities transferred from Xinjiang to factories across provinces
- Related companies: adidas Amazon.com Apple CRRC Dell Fila Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Microsoft Nike Puma Zara (part of Inditex)
Foxconn denies Reuters report on plans to resume manufacturing operations in China amid coronavirus outbreak
Author: Al Jazeera
“Foxconn denies report on resuming China output as virus spreads”, 13 February 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hon Hai Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters)
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2020/2021 KnowTheChain will be becnhmarking 180 companies in three sectors. In 2019 will be publishing inves...
China: Apple accused of violating labour laws as employees at iPhone factory found working 100 hours of overtime & being ‘punished’ for not meeting targets; Incl. co. comments
In September 2019, China Labor Watch released a report revealing numerous labour rights violations at the Zhengzhou Foxconn factory, the largest iPhone factory in the world. The report is based on the findings of undercover investigators employed at Z...
Author: VOA News
"Amazon Pledges to Probe Claims of Worker Abuse at China Factory", 12 August 2019 ...
- Related stories: China: Amazon accused of child labour after schoolchildren found working in supply chain; Incl. co. comments
- Related companies: Amazon.com Foxconn (part of Hon Hai)
China: Investigation finds workers not paid legally at Foxconn's Hengyang plant, which produces Amazon products
"…A report from the New York-based China Labor Watch found that the Hengyang Foxconn plant in Hunan province, which primarily makes devices for Amazon, relies on temporary workers with a high turnover rate, pays them far less than the local average,...
China: Foxconn says it has stopped interns from working overtime, following reports of interns working 11-hour days in iPhone factory
"Foxconn stops interns' illegal overtime at iPhone X factory", 23 November 2017...
Author: Caspar Dohmen, Süddeutsche Zeitung
Immer wieder geraten Konzerne in die Kritik wegen Menschenrechtsverletzungen. Zum Beispiel Shell wegen Umweltverseuchungen bei der Ölförderung in Nigeria oder Apple wegen schlechter Arbeitsbedingungen bei seinem Zulieferer Foxconn. Modeunternehmen wie...
- Related stories: Dritte Sitzung der UN zwischenstaatlichen Arbeitsgruppe zum geplanten Abkommen zu Wirtschaft & Menschenrechte
- Related companies: Apple Associated British Foods Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hon Hai Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)