Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Gap Inc.
We are deeply committed to maintaining responsible and ethical practices across our business and seek to uphold and advocate for the fundamental values and human rights of individuals and ethnic groups of all origins. ...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities transferred from Xinjiang to factories across provinces
- This is a response from the following companies: Gap
« De grandes marques liées au travail forcé des Ouïghours en Chine, selon une ONG » 2 mars 2020...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces; Includes company responses
- Related companies: adidas Apple Gap Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Microsoft Nike Nokia Puma Samsung Sony Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing)
China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces; Includes company responses
In March 2020, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) published a report Uyghurs for sale: ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang, which identified 83 foreign and Chinese companies as allegedly directly or indirectly...
Author: Australian Strategic Policy Institute
[The Australian Strategic Policy Institute published a report entitled "Uyghurs for sale - ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang" in February 2020.]...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Acer adidas Alstom Amazon.com Apple Asus BMW Bombardier Bosch BYD Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carter's Changan Cisco Systems CRRC Dell Electrolux Fila Gap Geely General Electric General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Haier Hisense Co. Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HTC Huawei Technologies L.L.Bean Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Li Ning Marks & Spencer Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Nike Nintendo Nokia North Face (part of VF Corp) Oppo Electronics Panasonic Polo Ralph Lauren Puma Samsung Sharp Siemens Skechers Sony TDK Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Toshiba Tsinghua Tongfang Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volkswagen Xiaomi Zara (part of Inditex) ZTE
USA: Business Must Act Coalition calls on 29 companies to prohibit guns in their stores & invest in community safety
The Business Must Act Coalition, comprised of 26 civil society groups, believes that American businesses have a civic responsibility to keep their customers and employees safe from gun violence in the absence of US government action on gun reform. In...
Author: Nat Levy, GeekWire
...[D]riving progress on addressing climate change is what’s best for the economic health, jobs, and competitiveness of our companies and our country... [W]e stand by our conviction that a commitment to the Paris Agreement requires a just transition...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: ABB adidas Adobe Systems Allianz Alphabet Aon Apple Atlassian Autodesk Bank of America Bertelsmann Brown-Forman Corporation Cargill Chobani Citigroup CMS Energy Coca-Cola Corning Dana Décathlon DuPont Ecolab Edison International Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Gap Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Gucci Henkel Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA InterContinental Hotels Kering Levi Strauss Mars MasterCard Microsoft Mondelēz International National Grid Nestlé NRG Energy Patagonia PepsiCo PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Stonyfield Farm Tesla Motors Thrive Global Tiffany Total Unilever Verizon Virgin Group Walt Disney Zurich
Indonesia: Garment workers forced to resign after factory closure receive $4.5 million in unpaid severance after WRC intervention
Author: Worker Rights Consortium (WRC)
"Largest Sum Ever: WRC recovers US$4.5 Million in unpaid severance", 4 December 2019...
Author: Red de Solidaridad de la Maquila
"Compañías y Marcas: puntos de presión con compañías internacionales de confecciones", agosto de 2019...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas Amazon.com American Eagle Outfitters C&A Carhartt Carter's Columbia Sportswear Disney (see Walt Disney) Fanatics Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Gildan Activewear Guess Hanesbrands Inditex Jockey Juicy Couture (part of Authentic Brands Group) Kohl's Kontoor Brands Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Levi Strauss Lululemon Athletica Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance Nike Patagonia Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Sanmar Sears Soffe (part of Delta Apparel) Target Under Armour VF Corp Walmart
Companies urged to uphold corporate responsibility when sourcing from Xinjiang and Uzbekistan, both with high risks of forced labour
Author: Catherine Putz, The Diplomat
“Cotton and Corporate Responsibility: Fighting Forced Labor in Xinjiang and Uzbekistan”, 14 Nov 2019...
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2020/2021 KnowTheChain will be becnhmarking 180 companies in three sectors. In 2019 will be publishing inves...