General Dynamics website: http://www.generaldynamics.com
Busines & Human Rights Resource Centre invited General Dynamics to respond to the allegations raised by War on Want. General Dynamics did not respond.
- Related stories: NGO: British financial institutions complicit in Israeli war crimes
- This is a non response from the following companies: General Dynamics
In July 2017, War on Want (WoW) published a report claiming that UK-based banks and investment companies are complicit in Israeli war crimes against Palestinians. The financial institutions cited in the report have allegedly invested in defence...
Author: Randy Diamond, Chief Investment Officer - CIO
The chief investment officer of the second-largest US retirement plan, the $224 billion California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS), has ordered a review to determine if the pension organization should divest from the stock and bonds of two...
- Related stories: USA: California State Teachers’ Retirement System divests from for-profit prison companies GEO Group & Core Civic
- Related companies: General Dynamics
USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
In May 2018, the Trump administration announced that it would increase prosecutions of migrants and asylum seekers crossing the US-Mexico border and implemented a “zero tolerance” policy intended to deter new migrants with the threat of jail sentences...
Author: General Dynamics
General Dynamics Information Technology has provided support to unaccompanied minors through its work with the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), a part of the Department of Health and Human Services, since 2000. This includes casework support...
- This is a response from the following companies: General Dynamics
Investors representing $1.2 trillion issue statement calling on companies to comply with conflict minerals reporting requirements in Dodd-Frank Act
On June 11, 2018, 47 institutional investors representing $1.2 trillion in assets issued a statement cautioning companies to continue to comply with the conflict minerals reporting requirements legislated in section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street...
USA: UPS, Nestlé & Microsoft among govt. contractors questioned on human rights due diligence following involvement in travel ban restrictions
Author: NomoGaia (USA)
“Companies are Helping the US Government Keep Travelers Out: Is it Rights-Respectful?”, 17 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's second travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: AT&T BAE Systems Bechtel CACI General Dynamics HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM L-3 Communications McKesson Microsoft Nestlé Northrop Grumman PAE (see Pacific Architects and Engineers) Raytheon Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Sprint United Technologies UPS Verizon
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our fourth PMSC Bulletin. To assist those interested in private military & security companies (PMSCs) and their impacts on human rights, we publish this bulletin semi-annually to highlight key developments reported by NGOs, governments...
- Related stories: Abu Ghraib lawsuits against CACI, Titan (now L-3) DynCorp lawsuit (re Colombia & Ecuador)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Academi (formerly Blackwater) Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Amazon.com BAE Systems Blue Mountain CACI DynCorp Engility (formerly part of L-3 Communications) G4S General Dynamics ISS Lockheed Martin Nestlé Saracen Intl. Securitas Sterling Corporate Services