Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: World Benchmarking Alliance
The Automotive Benchmark measures and ranks the world’s leading auto manufacturers. Will they meet the below 2°C warming limit goal set by the Paris Agreement? Are they doing what’s necessary to move to a low carbon economy?...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP25 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: BMW Daimler Dongfeng Motor FAW Fiat Chrysler Ford Geely General Motors Honda Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Mazda Mitsubishi Group Nissan PSA Peugeot Citroën Renault Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Suzuki Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tesla Motors Toyota Volkswagen
"Voting Matters: Are asset managers using their proxy votes for climate action?", November 2019...
Author: Cecilia Jamasmie, Mining.com
"Europe-led global certification scheme for raw materials expected in 2020," 30 October 2019....
DRC: Société Minière de Bisunzu tags metals with barcodes to ensure supply chains are free from conflict and child labour
Author: Reuters, The East African
"Congo mine deploys digital weapons in fight against conflict minerals", 1 October 2019....
USA: 49,000 General Motors workers strike over failed contract negotiations covering wages, health insurance & prevention of plant closures; Includes comments from General Motors
In September 2019, approximately 49,000 General Motors workers across the USA began to strike after negotiations on a new contract between General Motors and the United Auto Workers union broke down. Workers say they suffered low wages, temporary co...
Commentary: Recognising corporate watchdogs as an integral part of ethical outsourcing could help improve current auditing system
Author: Peter Bengtsen, Le Monde diplomatique
"Mica mining, why watchdogs count", April 2019...
USA: GM Workers shut down 33 factories across the US after failed negotiations on wages, health care and plant closures
Author: CBS News
"UAW hits GM with nationwide strike", 16 September 2019...
South Korea: General Motors workers launch first full strike in two decades over wages and potential lay-offs
Author: Song Jung-a, Financial Times
"GM Korea workers stage first full strike in more than 20 years", 9 September 2019...
- Related companies: General Motors
Author: Yonhap, The Korea Herald
"GM Korea union enters partial strike for higher wages", 20 August 2019...
- Related companies: General Motors
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Pour JP Morgan, Amazon ou Apple, le but de l'entreprise n'est plus seulement de servir l'actionnaire »...
- Related companies: 3M A.O. Smith Corporation Abbott Laboratories Accenture Access Industries ADP AECOM AES AFLAC AK Steel Allergan Alliant Energy Altec Amazon.com American Airlines American Electric Power American Express American Tower Ameriprise Financial Anthem Aon Apple Aramark Assurant AT&T Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International Bayer Bechtel Best Buy BlackRock BNY Mellon Boeing BorgWarner BP Bristol-Myers Squibb C.V. Starr & Co. Carlyle Group Caterpillar CBRE Group CF Industries Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup CNH Industrial Coca-Cola Cognizant Comcast ConocoPhillips Corning Cummins CVS Day & Zimmermann Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Dow Chemical Duke Energy DXC Technology Eastman Chemical Eaton Edison International ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) FedEx FIS Flex Fluor Ford Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Freeport-McMoRan General Dynamics General Motors Goldman Sachs Guardian Life Insurance