Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
"La Suisse ouvre une enquête pénale contre Glencore pour corruption en RDC", 22 juin 2020...
- Related companies: Glencore
Switzerland: Prosecutors launch criminal investigation into Glencore's mining activities in the DRC for alleged corruption
Author: Zandi Shabalala & Helen Reid, Reuters
"Swiss prosecutors launch Glencore criminal probe over Congo" 19 June 2020...
Author: Marco Aquino, KFGO
“Exclusive: Peru miners restart pandemic-hit operations with mass testing, isolating workers”, 18 June 2020...
Colombia: Cerrejón Coal accused of Covid-19-related human rights abuses; NGOs and barrister submit claims to UN special procedures
Cerrejón Coal is facing fresh accusations of alleged abuse of environmental and human rights of the Wayuu indigenous community in Colombia. Barrister Monica Feria-Tinta, of Twenty Essex, instructed by CAJAR, has filed a claim before the The UN Special...
Author: Julia Symmes Cobb, Reuters
"Lawyer asks UN to intervene with Cerrejon mine on behalf of indigenous Colombians," 18 June 2020...
- Related stories: Colombia: Cerrejón Coal accused of COVID-19 related human rights violations, lawyers call for UN involvement
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP & Glencore) Glencore
Author: Mining Weekly (South Africa)
'Zambia tackles 'deliberate' undervaluation of mineral exports’ 10 June 2020...
Author: Reuters, Diario Financiero, OCMAL
“Chile: Alza de casos de Covid-19 en minería genera alarma entre trabajadores” -17 de junio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Codelco Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Grupo Antofagasta Minerals (part of Grupo Luksic) Grupo Luksic
Colombia: NGOs submit report on patters of business conduct during the conflict to the Truth Commission
The Colombian NGO Corporación Colectivo de Abogados José Alvear Restrepo (CCAJAR) submitted a report on patterns of business conduct during the internal armed conflict to provide the Commission for the Clarification of Truth, Coexistence and Non...
Author: Cerrejon Coal
Bogotá, 8 June 2020...
- Related stories: Colombia: NGOs submit report on patters of business conduct during the conflict to the Truth Commission
- This is a response from the following companies: Anglo American BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP & Glencore) Glencore