Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
In a report to the UN Human Rights Council, the European-Third World Centre (CETIM) details allegations of worker's rights abuses in Glencore's operations in multiple countries including Bolivia, Canada, Australia, Zambia, Colombia, and the Democratic...
In Bolivia, we are actively improving safety practices and standards, incorporating international approaches for underground mining in absence of national legislation. In 2013 and 2014, we started the STOP and Safe Work programmes respectively, to...
- Related stories: NGO reports raise allegations against Glencore over workplace safety & environmental damage
- This is a response from the following companies: Glencore
Colombia: Cerrejon Coal and government entities discount Constitutional Court’s orders for the exploitation of the Arroyo Bruno
After a Roundtable regarding the diversion of one of the last water sources existing in the La Guajira desertic region, the Arroyo Bruno, various groups, including the communities of La Gran Parada, Paradero and La Horqueta, along with CCAJAR Colectivo...
Author: El Espectador (Colombia)
“Consejo de Estado estudia demanda que pide tumbar licencia ambiental del Cerrejón” – 8 de agosto de 2019...
Author: Amnesty International
"DRC: Crisis in mines requires sustainable solution" 25 July 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Gécamines Glencore Tenke Fungurume (joint venture China Molybdenum, BHR Partners, Gécamines)
Author: Henry Sanderson, Financial Times
"Congo, child labour and your electric car", 7 July 2019 ...
- Related stories: Amnesty International challenges the electric vehicle industry to produce batteries free of human rights abuses
- Related in-depth areas: Mining
- Related companies: BMW Glencore Huayou Cobalt Kajaran Copper-Molybdenum Plant (part of Zangezour Copper Molybdenum Combine) Trafigura Beheer Umicore