Headquarters in Australia
Author: Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos
Bienvenidos(as) a nuestro Boletín trimestral de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial que destaca un tema específico cada trimestre, así como los principales avances en el tema de responsabilidad legal empresarial.......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Are shareholders the new champions of climate justice?
- Related in-depth areas: Actualizaciones Trimestrales de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC Chevron Edison International Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Gloucester Resources Natural Fruit Petroleum Authority of Thailand Exploration and Production (PTTEP) Raub Australian Gold Mining (RAGM) Shell Thammakaset 2 Vedanta Resources
The Australian mining company, Gloucester Resources (GRL) planned to open a coal mine near Gloucester, Australia and lodged a development application for consent on 18 December 2012. The “Rocky Hill Coal Project” would produce 21 million tons of coal...
Author: Tim Power, White & Case LLP
- Related stories: Australia: Court dismisses Gloucester Resources' appeal re rejection of coal mine, on climate change grounds Gloucester Resources lawsuit (re mine’s impact on climate change, Australia)
- Related in-depth areas: Blog and commentaries
- Related companies: Gloucester Resources
Author: Karen Savage, Climate Liability News (US)
In a landmark decision, an Australian court on [8 February 2019] rejected a plan to build an open-cut coal mine because of the proposed mine’s harmful effects on climate change…...
Author: Anna Keen, Manning River Times (Australia)
Gloucester Resources Limited (GRL) is looking to review the court decision that has rejected the Rocky Hill mine proposal. New South Wales Land and Environment handed down its determination to refuse the development application for the Rocky Hill...
Author: Matthew Kelly, The Herald (Australia)
The Land and Environment Court has reserved its judgment in the Rocky Hill coal mine appeal...The two-week landmark hearing, the first its kind since the Paris Agreement, heard expert testimony about climate change, the carbon budget and the impacts ...