Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Company disclosure of water management strategies exemplifies importance of water security for climate action
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
"Thirsty business: Why water is vital to climate action, 2016 Annual Report of Corporate Water Disclosure", Nov 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Acciona Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BASF Bayer Centrica Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Diageo Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Fiat Chrysler Ford General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Harmony Gold HP (Hewlett-Packard) Iberdrola Inditex Kao Kumba Iron Ore L'Oreal Lockheed Martin Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) OMV Sony Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Unilever
Author: Pete Lewis, GroundUp (South Africa)
"Setback for gold miners’ silicosis claims", 22 Sep 2016...
So. Africa: Gold mining companies appeal to Supreme Court over class action decision in silicosis lawsuit
Author: Cecilia Jamasmie, Mining.com
“South African gold firms file plea to appeal lung disease class action”, 15 Jul 2016...
Author: Sarika Doodnath, Helen Suzman Foundation (So. Africa)
…The silicosis and tuberculosis case was brought in 2004 and it and has still not been resolved. However, the South Gauteng High Court in Johannesburg has agreed to the first class action for sick employees in South Africa, allowing these workers to...
Author: Franny Rabkin, Business Day Live (So. Africa)
“Gold mining companies refused leave to appeal silicosis judgment”, 24 Jun 2016...
Author: TJ Strydom & Wendell Roelf, Reuters
South African gold mining firms plan to appeal against a High Court ruling that allowed class action suits seeking damages for up to half a million miners who contracted the fatal lung disease silicosis and tuberculosis, they said on Friday....
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies So. Africa: Gold mining companies to appeal silicosis & tuberculosis class action certification Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Gold Fields Harmony Gold
So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies