Golden Star Resources
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Canada
Author: Abdul Karim Naatogmah, CitiFm Online (Ghana)
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Golden Star Resources to respond. Golden Star Resources did not respond.] A group calling itself the Concerned Citizens Association of Prestea (CCAP) has taken a swipe at [the]… alleged...
[PDF] Shaping Corporate Social Responsibility in sub-Saharan Africa - Guidance Notes from a Mapping Survey
Author: GIZ (Center for Cooperation with the Private Sector - CCPS, South Africa)
The GIZ Center for Cooperation with the Private Sector (CCPS) endeavours to partner with companies...to promote Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in sub-Saharan Africa; in doing so, it [considers]...that through socially and environmentally...
- Related stories: GIZ new report analyses corporate social responsibility in sub-Saharan Africa countries
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Arcelor Mittal Barclays Barrick Gold BHP Billiton BMW British American Tobacco Daimler France Telecom (now Orange) Gold Fields Golden Star Resources Henkel Lafarge Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) MTN Nedbank Nestlé Nike Orange Osram (part of Siemens) Perenco Rio Tinto SABMiller Safaricom Siemens Société Générale Somdiaa Sonatel Standard Chartered Tata Chemicals (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Total Tullow Oil Unilever Vodacom Volkswagen
Author: World Gold Council
The World Gold Council Conflict Free Gold Standard provides a mechanism by which gold producers can assess the risk that their operations may contribute to armed conflict and associated serious human rights abuses...[G]old producers who are in...
- Related stories: World Gold Council publishes updated draft of "Conflict Free Gold Standard" - deadline for comments 30 Jun
- Related companies: African Barrick Gold AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Buenaventura Centerra Gold Eldorado Gold Gold Fields Goldcorp Golden Star Resources IamGold Kinross Gold New Gold Newcrest Newmont Yamana Gold
The African continent contains a large proportion of the world’s metal and mineral reserves, and African countries are thus the proprietors of a valuable natural resource...[but] the African countries from which these materials are extracted remain...
Golden Star Resources did not respond to: Report highlights negative social impact of tax avoidance by mining companies in Africa.
- Related stories: Report highlights negative social impact of tax avoidance by mining companies in Africa
- This is a non response from the following companies: Golden Star Resources
Author: Daniel Owusu-Koranteng, Wassa Communities Affected by Mining [Ghana]
It is worrying that Newmont employed every conceivable means including scientific dishonesty and misinformation to avoid taking responsibility for the consequences of the cyanide spillage. ...The cyanide spillage has exposed the weaknesses in the...
- Related stories: Ghana: Newmont accused of downplaying impact of cyanide spillage
- Related in-depth areas: Environment - An introduction
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Golden Star Resources Newmont
Author: Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA)
...Il s’agit d’un rapport d’évaluation de sept pays ouest africains portant sur la gestion transparente, responsable, équitable et durable des ressources naturelles pour un développement efficace et efficient des pays situés dans la sous-région...Bien...
- Related stories: Afrique de l'Ouest : « Il n’est pas inévitable que les ressources naturelles soient une malédiction », selon Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA)
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ExxonMobil Gold Fields Golden Star Resources IamGold Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) Newmont Red Back Mining Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Total
Author: MVO Platform
Participants came up with impressive testimonies. This publication offers a collection of these stories (complemented with two ‘voices from the North’), hoping they will inspire a better CSR practice in the near future. [refers to ABN AMRO, Coca-Cola,...