Headquarters in Bahrain
Author: Keith Weir, Reuters
Companies who help to bankroll Formula One motor racing are limiting their involvement in the Bahrain Grand Prix this month, saving some of their marketing dollars for less politically sensitive races. The grand prix was cancelled in 2011 following a...
Author: Mahmoud Cherif Bassiouni, Nigel Rodley, Badria Al-Awadhi, Philippe Kirsch, Mahnoush H. Arsanjani
The Gulf Air Trade Union (GATU) submitted a report containing the names of 213 employees dismissed from Gulf Air. GATU alleged that some of the reasons used by Gulf Air to dismiss those employees were not in fact violations according to the company‘s...
- Related companies: Gulf Air
Gulf Air did not respond to: Over 2000 workers allegedly fired as punishment for participating in pro-democracy protests, says to Human Rights Watch.
- Related stories: Bahrain: Over 2,000 workers may have been fired as punishment for participating in pro-democracy protests says Human Rights Watch
- This is a non response from the following companies: Gulf Air
Author: Human Rights Watch
The Bahrain government should investigate and remedy the summary dismissals of more than 2,000 workers…apparently as punishment for having…supported pro-democracy demonstrations…[A] total of 2,186 workers, many in…firms in which the state has a...
Author: Kristen Chick, Christian Science Monitor [USA]
At least 16 Bahraini companies or government ministries have fired hundreds of mostly Shiite workers during the past week. Employees speak of being dismissed despite being on pre-approved leave or having received approval to stay home due to the...
- Related stories: Bahrain firms fire hundreds of workers for "absenteeism", mostly Shiites - many participated in strikes, protests
- Related companies: Alba (Aluminium Bahrain) Batelco Gulf Air
En association avec plusieurs grandes compagnies aériennes et UOP (Universal Oil Products), société du groupe Honeywell..., Boeing annonce la création du Sustainable Aviation Fuel Users Group,...dont la vocation est d’accélérer le développement et la...