Hart website: www.hartgrouplimited.com
Global Policy Forum report on UN use of private military & security companies allegedly involved in human rights abuses
Global Policy Forum reports on UN use of private military & security companies allegedly involved in human rights abuses; responses by Askar Security, Delta Protection & G4S.
Author: International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers Association (ICoCA)
Founding Industry Members ACADEMI, AEGIS, AGEMA Svcs., Al Hurea, Al Thuraya Consultancy, Edinburgh Intl., Edson Tiger, Ekpedefsi Epikinonia, KK Security, Kryptais Group Intl., Pheonix Maritime Protection, Pilgrims Group, Plexus Consultancy, Special...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Academi (formerly Blackwater) Aegis (see Aegis Defence Services) Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Aegis Group Al Hurea Al Thuraya Consultancy Allies Incorporated Anticip Control Risks DynCorp Erinys International Frontier Horizons G4S GardaWorld Hart KK Security Lingwood Security Management OGM International Olive Group Pilgrims Security Saladin Security Secure Shipping Signet Solace Global Maritime Special Response International (SRI) Sterling (part of Signet) Triple Canopy Unity Resources Group
Hart's core values include integrity, social responsibility and an ethical approach to the operations we undertake. Hart is a member of the International Stability Operations Association...and a signatory of the International Code of Conduct (ICoC)...
Author: Associated Press
A senior U.N. official cautiously welcomed news that an anti-piracy force is being created in Somalia but he and U.S. officials say they're concerned about secrecy surrounding the undertaking. An unidentified Muslim country is backing the project and...
Author: Nils Rosemann, published by Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF)
This study aims to illustrate patterns of behavioural rules derived from corporate obligations, and to deduce from these a draft Code of Conduct (CoC) for Private Military and Security Companies (PMSCs). The purpose of a Code of Conduct for [PMSCs] is...
- Related companies: AECOM Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Aegis Group Alliant Techsystems ArmorGroup (part of G4S) BAE Systems Bechtel Blackwater Boeing CACI Control Risks Cubic Custer Battles DynCorp Erinys International Fluor G4S General Dynamics GEO Group Halliburton Hart Kalyx KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Lockheed Martin Marsh & McLennan MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) Northrop Grumman Olive Group Pacific Architects and Engineers (part of Lockheed Martin) QinetiQ Research Triangle Institute (RTI) Securitas Serco Thales Triple Canopy United Technologies Unity Resources Group WorleyParsons
Estimates on the number of private security contractors working in Iraq vary widely...The five Britons kidnapped [in] Iraq...included four bodyguards employed by Canadian security firm GardaWorld, along with one person thought to be from US management...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Presentation by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre to public seminar “Privatization of security and warfare and impacts on human rights”, co-hosted by the United Nations Working Group on the use of mercenaries and the Business & Human...
- Related companies: Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Aegis Group AirScan Alfa 5 AMEC American Airlines Anglo American Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) ArmorGroup (part of G4S) Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Blackwater Booz Allen Hamilton BP Buenaventura CACI Canadian Natural Resources Chevron Control Risks De Beers Delta Security Services DynCorp Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) Erinys International ExxonMobil Forza (part of Securitas) G4S GSL (now G4S) Hart Intercon Security L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) Newmont Northbridge Services Group Occidental Petroleum Ranger Oil (part of Canadian Natural Resources) Sandline International Schlumberger SDM (Sociedade de Desenvolvimento Mineiro de Angola) (joint venture Odebrecht & Endiama) Securitas Shell Siemens Silver Shadow Sociedade Mineira do Cuango (joint venture ITM Mining, Endiama & Lumanhe) Teleservice Texaco (part of Chevron) Triple Canopy Vinnell (part of Northrop Grumman)
Author: War on Want
The following pages examine the rapid expansion of private military and security companies (PMSCs), particularly as a result of the occupation of Iraq. As well as providing information on the activities of these companies, the report urges all readers...
- Related in-depth areas: NGO Private military & security companies
- Related companies: Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Aegis Group AirScan AMEC American Airlines Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) ArmorGroup (part of G4S) Aviation Development Corporation (ADC) BHP Billiton Blackwater Booz Allen Hamilton BP CACI Canadian Natural Resources Chevron Control Risks Custer Battles De Beers DynCorp Erinys International ExxonMobil Halliburton Hart Intercon Security L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) Northbridge Services Group Northrop Grumman Ranger Oil (part of Canadian Natural Resources) Raytheon Schlumberger Shell Siemens Silver Shadow Texaco (part of Chevron) Triple Canopy Vinnell (part of Northrop Grumman)
[PDF] The Privatization of Human Rights Violations – Business Impunity or Corporate Responsibility? The case of human rights abuses and torture in Iraq
Author: Nils Rosemann, in Nebula
...interrogations by private military and security corporations are just the tip of the iceberg...there are about 20,000 private security contractors in Iraq, including Americans, Iraqis and other foreigners. [refers to DynCorp (part of Computer...
- Related stories: "The Privatization of Human Rights Violations" - report on corporate conduct in Iraq (refers to CACI, Titan, DynCorp, Blackwater, Halliburton, others)
- Related companies: Bechtel Blackwater CACI Computer Sciences (CSC) Control Risks DynCorp Halliburton Hart KBR Titan (now L-3 Titan) Triple Canopy