Hennes & Mauritz (H&M)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
H&M (Hennes & Mauritz) website: http://www.hm.com
Author: Ryushiro Kodaira, Nikkei Shimbun
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak KnowTheChain benchmarks: Addressing forced labour in corporate supply chains
- Related companies: adidas Apple Asics C&A Fast Retailing Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hewlett Packard Enterprise HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Nike PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Samsung Sony
“We take this situation very seriously, and we remain engaged in the process and outcome. Employer and different trade union affiliates have a conflict which has escalated to termination of 3 people. The Ministry of Labor was informed, visited the...
Hong Kong: H&M accused of unilaterally revising staff handbook and restricting employee's freedom of speech
Author: Ming Pao (Hong Kong)
[Excerpt translation from Chinese to English provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre]...
- Related stories: Hong Kong: H&M accused of unilaterally revising staff handbook and restricting employee's freedom of speech
- Related companies: Hennes & Mauritz (H&M)
Author: Khy Sovuthy, Camboja News
"Unions appeal for minimum wage talks to proceed as scheduled", 25 June 2020...
India: Unions accuse factory producing for H&M of union busting after dismissal of 1,200 garment workers during COVID-19; Incl. comments by H&M
On 6 June 2020, Euro Clothing Company II (ECC-2) in Karnataka, India, abruptly laid off all of its 1,200 mostly women garment workers, citing a lack of orders during the COVID-19 pandemic. ECC-2 is owned by the Gokaldas company, which has over 20 other...
H&M says it is fulfilling payments for orders at Euro Clothing & is in dialogue with union & supplier
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains....
“We take this situation very seriously, and we remain engaged in the process and outcome. Employer and different trade union affiliates had a conflict which escalated to termination of 3 people. Ministry of Labor was informed, visited the factory and...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Union condemns dismissal of three members from garment factory supplying to intl. brands amid COVID-19; Incl. company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Hennes & Mauritz (H&M)