Huaneng Power International
Huaneng Power International website: www.hpi.com.cn/index2.jsp
Author: Damian Carrington, Guardian (UK)
The 100 global power companies most at risk from growing pressure to shut highly polluting coal plants have been revealed in a new report from Oxford University....
- Related stories: Subcritical coal top 20: Engaging energy companies on climate & human rights impacts
- Related companies: AES Ameren American Electric Power China Guodian China Huadian China Power Investment China Resources Enterprises China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) Datang International Power Generation Duke Energy E.ON Edison International Eskom Huaneng Power International NRG Energy NTPC RWE Southern Company State Grid Corporation of China Vattenfall
Author: Asia Water Project [Hong Kong]
Better environmental disclosure requirements from the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx)...could strengthen environmental protection in China, says a report, Hong Kong’s role in mending the disclosure gap, released by the Asia Water...
- Related stories: China: NGO report identifies environmental "disclosure gap" of mainland companies on the Hong Kong exchange
- Related companies: China Resources Enterprises China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) Datang International Power Generation Huaneng Power International Kingboard Laminants Holdings PetroChina Tsingtao Brewery United Laboratories International Holdings
Author: Guo Pei-yuan, Syntao
[Original article in Chinese. The Chinese companies that have completed the questionnaire or provided information in the polling process include:] Agile Property, Air China, Bank of China, China Merchants Bank, China Merchants Property Development,...
Author: H. Josef Hebert, AP
A new interactive online database [Carbon Monitoring for Action database, or CARMA (http://www.carma.org)] unveiled Wednesday provides maps, color-coded categories and detailed information about who is putting 10 billion tons of carbon dioxide into...
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project, ASrIA, Trucost
In 2006, CDP [Carbon Disclosure Project] extended [its] information request to over 2000 companies in total, which included 125 from Asia excluding Japan... Overall, only 26% of the companies responded to the information request...The mixed response...
- Related stories: Carbon Disclosure Project, in which investors request corporate disclosure on carbon risk & management: ASrIA analyses findings for Asian companies
- Related companies: Aboitiz AXA Banpu Cheung Kong China Life Insurance China Mobile China Netcom China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Steel China Telecom China Unicom Chunghwa Telecom CITIC Pacific CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Dongfang Electric Electricity Generating Public Company Esprit General Electric Guangdong Electric Power Development (part of Guangdong Yudean Group) Guangzhou Development Industry Holdings Hang Seng Bank Henderson Land Hindustan Unilever Hon Hai Hong Kong Electric Huaneng Power International Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Kia Motor Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) ICICI Indian Oil Corporation Infosys ITC Jardine Matheson Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kookmin Bank Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) MTR NTPC ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PetroChina Posco PTT Reliance Industries S-Oil Samsung Siam Cement Singapore Airlines Singapore Telecommunications Sinopec State Bank of India Sun Hung Kai Properties Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Telekom Malaysia Tenaga Nasional Wharf Holdings Wipro Woori Financial Group
Author: Carrie Lee, Reuters
China's largest independent power producer, Huaneng Power International Inc, says it will invest 253.57 million yuan (US$30.62 million) in China's controversial Three Gorges Dam project...The project has been criticised at home and abroad for its...
- Related companies: Huaneng Power International