UN Treaty Urgently Needed For Human Rights Defenders, Says New Report, Lara Adejoro, Daily Times (Nigeria), 11 Jun 2014
Daughter Killed, Father Wounded in Gun Attack Likely Linked to Tahoe Resources (Goldcorp Inc.) Mine in Guatemala, Rights Action (US & Canada), 24 Apr 2014
- [PDF] Accusations in Rights Action’s Letter to Dr. Paz y Paz and “La Resistencia por la Vida y el Terror de Estado” are inaccurate and irresponsible, Tahoe Resources Inc., 05 May 2014
Deadly Environment: The dramatic rise in killings of environmental and land defenders, Global Witness 23 Apr 2014
- Intex Resources response, Intex Resources, 05 May 2014
- [PDF] Glencore Xstrata response to Global Witness’ report “Deadly Environment” , Glencore Xstrata, 22 Apr 2014
Great Lakes civil society organisations calling upon the Governments of Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Rwanda and Uganda to stop harassment against environmental and human rights defenders, Association Burundaise pour la protection de la Nature, ADEV-Actions pour les Droits, l'Environnement et la Vie (RDC), AFIEGO-Africa Institute for Energy Governance (Ouganda), Forest Peoples Program, Global Rights and other NGOs 07 Mar 2014
Alternative Report on the controversial gold mining project in Colombia, Colombia Solidarity Campaign (UK) 07 Dec 2013
- [PDF] La Colosa: A Death Foretold- Alternative Report about the AngloGold Ashanti Gold Mining Project in Cajamarca, Tolima, Colombia, Colombia Solidarity Campaign 01 Dec 2013
- [PDF] Risk Assessment on Security and Human Rights Recommendations, AngloGold Ashanti (Colombia) 01 Dec 2013
How about a SLAPP for your trouble?, Sudeep Chakravarti, Livemint.com (India) 28 Nov 2013
Thailand: Investigate Murder of Environmentalist, Human Rights Watch 27 Feb 2013
New acts of repression target land defenders in Guatemala, Grahame Russel, rabble.ca [Canada] 12 Dec 2012
- Arrest of Four Guatemalans against Mining Project, Prensa Latina 09 Dec 2012
- [DOC] Kappes, Cassiday & Associates response, Kappes, Cassiday & Associates 05 Jan 2013
Kawas v. Honduras – Protecting Environmental Defenders, Lauri R. Tanner, Journal of Human Rights Practice 03 Nov 2011
[PDF] Environmental Defender Law Center letter to Vale and Novelis on Candonga/Risoleta Neves Hydroelectric Dam [Brazil], Environmental Defenders Law Center, EDLC [USA] 2011-08-10
- [DOC] Response by consortium Novelis / Vale to Environmental Defenders Law Center, Vale and Novelis Consortium [Brazil] 2011-09-06
[PDF] Defending the Defenders - The Case of Fu Xiancai [China], Stacy Mosher, Human Rights in China September 2006
Related stories and components
Author: Tawanda Karombo, Quartz Africa
‘South Africa has the world’s highest number of environmentally dangerous tailing dams’ 16 January 2020...
In February 2019, it was reported that the struggling waste management system in Kosovo, especially prevalent in the largest cities, was not only an environmental threat but affected some of the poorest and most vulnerable in Kosovan society - Roma,...
A coalition of environmental NGOs has written to seven international banks to express their alarm over the banks' decision to underwrite the planned Initial Public Offering (IPO) of Saudi Aramco. The state-owned oil giant is the world's largest emitter...
India: Tamil Nadu State government files petition in Supreme Court against environmental tribunal's order to reopen Sterlite's copper plant
Author: Hindustan Times, India
"‘No jurisdiction’: Tamil Nadu moves SC against NGT order on Sterlite plant", 2 January 2019 The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday [2 January] approached the Supreme Court and challenged the National Green Tribunal’s (NGT) order to reopen the Sterl...
India: Supreme Court refuses to halt environmental tribunal's order to reopen Sterlite’s plant in Tamil Nadu
Author: Priyanka Mittal, Livemint, India
"SC refuses to stay NGT order to reopen Sterlite’s plant in Tamil Nadu", 8 January 2019...
- Related stories: India: Sterlite's copper plant to reopen despite opposition by government, protestors
- Related in-depth areas: Environmental concerns Human rights defenders Latest Legal News Natural resources (land, water, forests)
- Related companies: Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Vedanta Resources
Author: Mundo Sputnik News
“ONGs brasileñas denuncian ante CIDH pacto Gobierno-empresas para reparar Crimen minero perpetuado por la empresa Vale”...