Natural resources (land, water, forests)
Daughter Killed, Father Wounded in Gun Attack Likely Linked to Tahoe Resources (Goldcorp Inc.) Mine in Guatemala, Rights Action (US & Canada), 24 Apr 2014
- [PDF] Accusations in Rights Action’s Letter to Dr. Paz y Paz and “La Resistencia por la Vida y el Terror de Estado” are inaccurate and irresponsible, Tahoe Resources Inc., 05 May 2014
Deadly Environment: The dramatic rise in killings of environmental and land defenders, Global Witness 23 Apr 2014
- Intex Resources response, Intex Resources, 05 May 2014
- [PDF] Glencore Xstrata response to Global Witness’ report “Deadly Environment” , Glencore Xstrata, 22 Apr 2014
[PDF] Civil Society Comments: World Bank Telecom Sector Reform Project, Burma, Association of Human Rights Defenders and Promoters, Ayeyar West Development Organization, Burma Environment Working Group, and others, 21 Feb 2014
- Telecom Investments Threaten Privacy Rights in Burma, Rachel Wagley, Democratic Voice of Burma 04 Feb 2014
Alternative Report on the controversial gold mining project in Colombia, Colombia Solidarity Campaign (UK) 07 Dec 2013
- [PDF] La Colosa: A Death Foretold- Alternative Report about the AngloGold Ashanti Gold Mining Project in Cajamarca, Tolima, Colombia, Colombia Solidarity Campaign 01 Dec 2013
- [PDF] Risk Assessment on Security and Human Rights Recommendations, AngloGold Ashanti (Colombia) 01 Dec 2013
How about a SLAPP for your trouble?, Sudeep Chakravarti, Livemint.com (India) 28 Nov 2013
Cambodia: Human rights defender Tep Vanny, assaulted by security forces during peaceful protest, Front Line Defenders 21 Oct 2013
Human Rights Commission's Climbdown a Wake-up Call for Human Rights Defenders in the Americas, Not Indicator of Goldcorp’s Performance, Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL), MiningWatch Canada 05 Jan 2012
- OAS Human Rights Commission withdraws demand for Marlin Mine closure, Dorothy Kosich, Mineweb 20 Dec 2011
[PDF] Defending the Defenders - The Case of Fu Xiancai [China], Stacy Mosher, Human Rights in China September 2006
Related stories and components
Zambia: Lusaka west community suffering from noise, air & water pollution as the environmental agency offers no help
Author: Glory Mushinge, Africa Feeds
Mining activities distress Lusaka west community’ 27 June 2019...
Author: George Maponga, The Herald (Zimbabwe)
‘Zimbabwe: Murowa Diamonds Brings Water to Drought-Hit Chivi’ 22 April 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural resources (land, water, forests)
Author: Radio New Zealand
4 March 2019...
Author: Press Trust of India (PTI), NDTV
"'Will decide way forward': Sterlite plant on top court's order to keep it shut", 19 February 2019...
Author: The Times of India
"Supreme Court refuses to allow reopening of Sterlite plant", 18 February 2019...
India: One of the world’s most dangerous countries to be a coal miner, with one miner dying every six days
Author: Roli Srivastava, Thomas Reuters, India
"India disaster exposes lack of enforcement against deadly illegal mines", 4 January 2019...
- Related stories: India: Meghalaya’s coal district marred by illegal mining, unsafe working conditions, and attacks against human rights defenders
- Related in-depth areas: Child labour Extractives, including oil and mines Human trafficking Labour rights Migrant workers Mining Natural resources (land, water, forests)
India: Protests in Kerala against Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZs) notification aimed at providing land and water to corporates
Author: Manoj Viswanathan, The New Indian Express
"CRZ notification: Fishermen plan protest; Kerala not to oppose", 30 December 2018...
India: Tamil Nadu State government files petition in Supreme Court against environmental tribunal's order to reopen Sterlite's copper plant
Author: Hindustan Times, India
"‘No jurisdiction’: Tamil Nadu moves SC against NGT order on Sterlite plant", 2 January 2019 The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday [2 January] approached the Supreme Court and challenged the National Green Tribunal’s (NGT) order to reopen the Sterl...
In May 2018, 13 people were killed in a police firing during protests against Sterlite Industries Ltd.’s copper smelting plant in Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu. Sterlite is a subsidiary of U.K.-based Vedanta Resources. The protestors were marching against p...
India: Supreme Court refuses to halt environmental tribunal's order to reopen Sterlite’s plant in Tamil Nadu
Author: Priyanka Mittal, Livemint, India
"SC refuses to stay NGT order to reopen Sterlite’s plant in Tamil Nadu", 8 January 2019...
- Related stories: India: Sterlite's copper plant to reopen despite opposition by government, protestors
- Related in-depth areas: Environmental concerns Human rights defenders Latest Legal News Natural resources (land, water, forests)
- Related companies: Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Vedanta Resources