Headquarters in USA
[PDF] Press Release: As Eurovision Song Contest approaches, concerns about hidden cameras in Azerbaijan hotel rooms
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre sought responses from seven companies that operate leading hotels in Baku, Azerbaijan, about reports that hidden cameras have repeatedly been placed in hotel rooms in the country to record people having sex...
- Related stories: Concerns about hidden cameras in hotel rooms as Eurovision Song Contest approaches.
- Related companies: Carlson Excelsior Hotel Baku Hilton Hyatt Kempinski Hotels Radisson (part of Carlson) Ramada International (part of Wyndham) Sheraton (part of Starwood Hotels) Starwood Hotels Wyndham
In Advance of London Olympics, U.S. and U.K. Investors Ask Corporations to Step Up Anti-Trafficking and Slavery Efforts
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility [USA]
...[A] coalition of U.S. and U.K. investors and NGOs have united to call on corporations to strengthen their focus against human trafficking and modern slavery in advance of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games...The initiative focuses on the London tourism...
- Related stories: Investors call on Olympic sponsors, tourism sector to step up anti-trafficking, slavery efforts in advance of London Olympics
- Related companies: Accor adidas Arcelor Mittal Best Western BMW British Airways Carlson Choice Hotels Coca-Cola Hilton Hyatt InterContinental Hotels John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Kraft Foods McDonald's Next Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto Sainsbury Samsung Starwood Hotels Thomas Cook Whitbread
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Brown Shoe Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Ernst & Young Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block H. J. Heinz (see Heinz) Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Engineering Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg's Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland Safeway (USA) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa International Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!
Author: Iris Lui, CSR Asia
An ideal solution...would be to explore ways..to reduce food wastage and to provide food for those in need. This is where the business sector can play a role. Companies who are involved in food production or catering industry could, and some already...
The most recent blog posting by American Rights At Work inaccurately represents Hyatt’s position on proposed legislation in California and makes other inaccurate statements about working conditions at Hyatt…California’s SB 432…unfortunately increases...
- Related stories: USA: American Rights at Work alleges that Hyatt opposes Senate bill that would improve worker health & safety
- This is a response from the following companies: Hyatt
Author: Will McDonald, American Rights at Work Blog
Can you imagine being forced to work on your hands and knees to scrub floors every day, instead of using a mop? It’s back-breaking work. In California right now, there’s a bill that would require hotels to give their housekeepers mops and other simple...
- Related stories: USA: American Rights at Work alleges that Hyatt opposes Senate bill that would improve worker health & safety
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate lobbying allegedly undermining union rights USA
- Related companies: Hyatt
Author: Daniel González, Arizona Republic [USA]
A labor group wants the hotel industry in Arizona to take steps to protect housekeepers from sexual harassment and affronts by guests after maids at two different hotels in New York were attacked in the past three weeks...The labor union launched an...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing highlights reports from a range of sources about how businesses have impacted human rights, positively and negatively, in Anglophone Africa over the past year... [Headings:] Examples of the “resource curse” ...HIV/AIDS and TB...Dams:...
- Related stories: New briefing on business & human rights in Anglophone Africa, by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: Accor AGIP (part of Eni) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Best Western Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Carlson Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Collum Coal Mining Daimler De Beers DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni Ericsson ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Ford General Motors Hess Corporation Hilton Hyatt IBM InterContinental Hotels Lahmeyer Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer Mbada Diamonds (joint venture New Reclamation Group & Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation) Microsoft MTN New Reclamation Newmont NH Hoteles Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Rapaport Group Red Back Mining Rheinmetall Richemont SABMiller Salini Impregilo Shell Starwood Hotels Total Tullow Oil Vanco Energy Walmart Wilderness Safaris Zain Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Author: Christian Brothers Investment Services
In April, 2010, Christian Brothers Investment Services (CBIS)...and 300 investors and faith-based organizations signed a letter...that was sent to major hotels with chains in South Africa to learn about actions being taken to combat human trafficking...
- Related stories: Investor group issues final report on appeal to hotel chains to take measures to stop human trafficking; Accor and Carlson said to have "leading programs"
- Related companies: Accor Best Western Carlson Hilton Holiday Inn (part of InterContinental Hotels) Hyatt InterContinental Hotels NH Hoteles Sofitel (part of Accor) Starwood Hotels