Headquarters in USA
Author: Steve Lohr, The New York Times
"Facial recognition is accurate, if you're a white guy," 9 February 2018...
Author: Ethical Corporation
"Rise of the robots", Jan 2018...
New CEO activism: business leaders are defending rights by raising awareness & leveraging economic power
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review (USA)
"The New CEO Activists", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Angie's List Apple CNBC (part of Comcast) Disney (see Walt Disney) Hobby Lobby IBM Lyft NBA Netflix New York Times Oracle Salesforce.com Twitter Under Armour
Author: Desastre (México)
“Estas son las mejores empresas para trabajar si eres LGBT en México”, 6 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Pasos positivos
- Related companies: Accenture American Express AT&T Banamex (part of Citigroup) Berkshire Hathaway Cinépolis CompuCom Dow Chemical Edelman EY (Ernst & Young) Ford General Electric Google México (part of Alphabet) Herman Miller IBM JPMorgan Chase Kellogg MasterCard Nielsen PayPal (part of eBay) Pemex PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble SAP Scotiabank Sodexo TE Connectivity The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Uber Unilever
EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
A World Court for Corporations: How the EU Plans to Entrench and Institutionalize Investor-State Dispute Settlement
Author: CIEL, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, & Seattle to Brussels Network
...The European Commission...[has proposed]..a multilateral mechanism for investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS)--referred to by the Commission as a Multilateral Investment Court...The proposed global investor court threatens to lock in the highly...
- Related stories: EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: Chevron Deutsche Bank Goldcorp IBM Newcrest Vodafone
Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
Demand the supply: ranking consumer electronics and jewelry retail companies on their efforts to develop conflict-free minerals supply chains from Congo
Author: Annie Callaway, The Enough Project
The Enough Project’s 2017 conflict minerals company rankings examine 20 of the largest companies...in two of the industries which consume the most tin, tungsten, tantalum, and gold [often referred to as conflicts minerals or 3TG]: consumer electronics...
- Related stories: Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Costco Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.C. Penney Macy's Microsoft Neiman Marcus Panasonic Samsung Sears Signet Sony Target Tiffany Toshiba Walmart