Headquarters in USA
Author: Anthony Cuthbertson, The Independent
"AMAZON WORKERS 'REFUSE' TO BUILD TECH FOR US IMMIGRATION, WARNING JEFF BEZOS OF IBM'S NAZI LEGACY", 22 June 2018...
- Related stories: Shareholders & civil society groups urge Amazon to halt sale of facial recognition software to law enforcement agencies
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Amazon.com IBM
Commentary: Human rights have been peripheral in debate on impacts of artificial intelligence, despite significant added value
Author: Christiaan van Veen & Corinne Cath, Data & Society
"Artificial Intelligence: What’s Human Rights Got To Do With It?", 14 May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: IBM Microsoft
Author: AM Prensa (Costa Rica)
“Empresas se comprometen con la no discriminación hacia personas LGBTI”, 28 de junio de 2018...
Investors representing $1.2 trillion issue statement calling on companies to comply with conflict minerals reporting requirements in Dodd-Frank Act
On June 11, 2018, 47 institutional investors representing $1.2 trillion in assets issued a statement cautioning companies to continue to comply with the conflict minerals reporting requirements legislated in section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street...
Author: Ray Gronberg, News Observer (USA)
"Millennials in, Boomers out? Lawsuit against IBM claims age discrimination in hiring.", 4 June 2018...
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
Author: Steve Lohr, The New York Times
"Facial recognition is accurate, if you're a white guy," 9 February 2018...
Author: Ethical Corporation
"Rise of the robots", Jan 2018...