Headquarters in USA
Apple, Facebook and Google among 56 businesses telling the Trump administration not to weaken transgender rights
Author: Tony Romm, The Washington Post
"Apple, Facebook and Google among 56 businesses telling Trump not to weaken transgender rights", 1 November 2018...
Author: Alex Hern, Guardian (UK)
…The Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society…was formed in 2016 by Google, Facebook, Amazon, IBM and Microsoft to act as an umbrella organisation for the five companies to conduct research, recommend best practices and...
Author: Anthony Cuthbertson, The Independent
"AMAZON WORKERS 'REFUSE' TO BUILD TECH FOR US IMMIGRATION, WARNING JEFF BEZOS OF IBM'S NAZI LEGACY", 22 June 2018...
- Related stories: Shareholders & civil society groups urge Amazon to halt sale of facial recognition software to law enforcement agencies
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Amazon.com IBM
Commentary: Human rights have been peripheral in debate on impacts of artificial intelligence, despite significant added value
Author: Christiaan van Veen & Corinne Cath, Data & Society
"Artificial Intelligence: What’s Human Rights Got To Do With It?", 14 May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: IBM Microsoft
Author: AM Prensa (Costa Rica)
“Empresas se comprometen con la no discriminación hacia personas LGBTI”, 28 de junio de 2018...
Investors representing $1.2 trillion issue statement calling on companies to comply with conflict minerals reporting requirements in Dodd-Frank Act
On June 11, 2018, 47 institutional investors representing $1.2 trillion in assets issued a statement cautioning companies to continue to comply with the conflict minerals reporting requirements legislated in section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street...
Author: Ray Gronberg, News Observer (USA)
"Millennials in, Boomers out? Lawsuit against IBM claims age discrimination in hiring.", 4 June 2018...
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market