Headquarters in USA
Author: Human Rights Campaign
“HRC Recognizes Major Employers in Chile Committed to LGBT inclusion” – 23 July 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Accenture BASF Bayer Caterpillar Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Entel SA General Electric (GE) Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) McKinsey Procter & Gamble SAP Scotiabank Sodexo The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Uber Walmart
USA: CEO statements on race & police misconduct are important, but now corporate political power is needed to pass legislation
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review
"What CEOs Still Haven’t Said About Race and Policing", 18 Jun 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: BlackRock Boeing Citigroup Coca-Cola IBM Merck Toyota
Author: Marc Zaffagni, CNET France
« Au nom des droits de l’homme, IBM abandonne le marché de la reconnaissance faciale » 9 juin 2020...
- Related companies: IBM
IBM will no longer develop facial recognition technology & CEO calls for dialogue about whether it should be used by U.S. police
Author: Jay Peters, The Verge
"IBM will no longer offer, develop, or research facial recognition technology," 8 June 2020...
- Related stories: Civil society & social media companies raise human rights concerns about Clearview AI's online mining of data & potential expansion plans Tech companies call for govt. regulation of artificial intelligence USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Amazon.com Clearview Facebook IBM
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains....
USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police
On 25 May 2020, white Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin pinned George Floyd to the ground, keeping his knee on Mr. Floyd’s neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds, ultimately killing him. Three additional officers were involved. All four officers...
IBM & Microsoft joins the Vatican for the regulation of facial recognition technology and algor ethics
Author: Bhavani Shanthakumar
... [Microsoft and IBM] have signed a document called the “Rome Call for Al Ethics,” prepared by the Pontifical Academy for Life to Pope Francis on [6 March 2020]... Pope raised his concerns over the uncontrolled spread of A.I. applied science-...
- Related stories: Tech companies call for govt. regulation of artificial intelligence
- Related companies: IBM Microsoft
Author: Freedom for All Americans
"Business Statement on Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation", 11 March 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Google, Apple, Amazon & 40 other companies sign open letter opposing anti-LGBTQ legislation
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: AAA International Airbnb Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Amazon.com American Airlines (AMR) American Eagle Outfitters Apple Asana AT&T Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Boehringer Ingelheim Capital One Corning Danone Dow Dropbox Eastern Bank Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA Instacart Levi Strauss Lush Lyft Marriott Mars MassMutual Microsoft Mobilize Nestlé Nike PayPal Salesforce.com SunLife Technet Trillium Corporation Uber Unilever