Impala Platinum (Implats)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
Author: The Zimbabwean
Any process of enriching individuals or companies connected to the infamous criminal syndicate that is Zanu (PF) will be nullified once the MDC is in power, MDC-T minister of agriculture designate, Roy Bennett...[said] in Cape Town yesterday... Bennett...
- Related stories: Opposition politician Roy Bennett criticises company for allegedly profiting from killings at Marange diamond fields.
- Related in-depth areas: Killings - an introduction Zimbabwe
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Impala Platinum New Reclamation Old Mutual Rio Tinto
Any process of enriching individuals or companies connected to the infamous criminal syndicate that is Zanu (PF) [Zimbabwe African National Union - Patriotic Front] will be nullified once the MDC [Movement for Democratic Change] is in power...minister...
Author: Marta Miranda and Amanda Sauer, World Resource Institute [USA]
Water issues are becoming a considerable factor affecting growth and profitability of companies in many regions of the world. This paper outlines potential water-related risks facing the mining industry and highlights important gaps in water-related...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Compañía Fresnillo ERAMET Evraz Freeport-McMoRan Gold Fields Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Grupo México Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Impala Platinum Kazakhmys Kinross Gold Kumba Iron Ore Newcrest Newmont Goldcorp Norilsk Nickel Rio Tinto Shandong Gold Group Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Teck Resources Vale Vedanta Resources Western Mining Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yamana Gold Zijin
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre & Realizing Rights
As representatives of over 1000 companies gather this week in New York at the United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have published a list of over 270 companies worldwide known...
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance
- Related companies: 02 (Telefonica Ltd) ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Allianz Alstom Anglo American ANZ Bank Aramex Arcelor Mittal Arla Foods ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BMW Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chevron Chiquita Chubu Electric Power Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Control Risks Cosmo Oil Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone De Beers (part of Anglo American) Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI Enagás EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil FCC Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (formerly Fuji Photo Film) Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez (now Engie) General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS Gucci (part of Kering) Halliburton HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Hilton Hitachi Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Iberdrola IKEA Impala Platinum Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) L'Oreal Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lagardère Lego Levi Strauss Linde Group Lloyds Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NYK Line Occidental Petroleum OceanaGold OMV Orano (formerly Areva) Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petrobras Pfizer Posco Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Caribbean Cruises Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sanofi Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas AB Group Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Jewelers Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sompo Japan Sony Sprint Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Starwood Hotels Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman (part of Repsol) Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Tesco Timberland (part of VF Corp) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Technologies Vale Vattenfall Verizon Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yara Yell Group
Author: Dave Prescott, Consejo Internacional de Minería y Metales (ICMM)
Este reporte contiene un mapa descriptivo de alianzas en todo el mundo, en lo relativo a los seis temas prioritarios de iniciativa La Minería: Alianzas para el Desarrollo, a saber: la minería y la reducción de la pobreza, la minería y el desarrollo...
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Alcoa Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antamina (joint venture BHP, Glencore, Teck Resources, Mitsubishi Corporation) Barrick Gold BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP & Glencore) Diavik (joint venture Rio Tinto & Aber Diamond Mines) Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan Gold Fields Hanjin Group Harmony Gold Impala Platinum (Implats) Lonmin Mitsubishi Group Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Richards Bay Minerals (joint venture Rio Tinto & BHP Billiton) Rio Tinto Sasol State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) Teck Resources Virgin Group Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Nelson Banya, Reuters
Zimbabwe will re-evaluate all mining contracts and introduce a "use it or lose it" policy for its mining industry under a proposed law, Finance Minister Tendai Biti told Reuters on Friday... "The government... is working on a new mining law, amendments...
Author: Markus Reichardt, Ethical Corporation
As one of the largest private sector operators in Africa, Coca-Cola, is having to step in where the state has failed to provide an adequate water supply…[T]ogether with development partners US Aid, the Global Environment and Technology Fund and a local...
[PDF] Breaking the Curse: How transparent taxation and fair taxes can turn Africa’s mineral wealth into development
Author: Southern Africa Resource Watch (SARW), TWN Africa, Tax justice network for Africa, Actionaid, Christian Aid
The central argument made by the report is that African governments have not been able to optimize the mining tax revenue due to them before the 2003 to 2008 price boom; neither have they been able to capture the anticipated windfalls during the price...
- Related stories: NGOs' report says African states have been deprived of "huge sums of royalties & taxes" by mining firms
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Beny Steinmetz Group Equinox Gold EY (Ernst & Young) First Quantum Minerals Impala Platinum Katanga Mining Koidu Holdings (part of Beny Steinmetz Group) Lonmin Vedanta Resources
Author: Antony Sguazzin & Janice Kew, Bloomberg
Anglo American…agreed to sell parts of its platinum business to black investors in a final step to comply with post-apartheid laws. The 11.21 billion-rand of deals announced today by the company's Anglo Platinum unit follow the sale of stakes in Anglo...