Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company)
Headquarters in Thailand
Thai National Human Rights Commission & agencies overseeing outward investment urge Thai companies to respect human rights in countries where they operate
Author: Pratch Rujivanarom, Nation (Thailand)
Agencies that oversee direct investment in other countries met with the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) to report on their progress relating to Cabinet resolutions issued on May 16, 2016 and May 2, 2017, which called for Thai foreign investors....
Myanmar: Dawei Development Association calls for freeze on Dawei Special Economic Zone project until environmental & social protections are in place
Author: Ei Ei Toe Lwin, Myanmar Times
“Civil society group calls for freeze on Dawei economic zone”, 13 October 2014...
Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company) did not respond to: Villagers block Dawei road to protest Ital-Thai Development’s alleged failure to compensate for lost livelihoods.
- Related stories: Myanmar: Villagers block Dawei road to protest Ital-Thai Development’s alleged failure to compensate for lost livelihoods
- This is a non response from the following companies: Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company)
Author: Bangkok Post
A group of angry Myanmar villagers have accused…Italian-Thai Development PCL (ITD) of failing to keep its promise to compensate them for losses caused by the building of new roads for the Dawei deep-sea port and industrial project. Residents blocked a...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
…Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is launching its first briefing on Myanmar: “Business & human rights in Myanmar – a round-up of recent developments”. The briefing covers the positive and negative impacts of companies operating in the...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches briefing on Myanmar
- Related companies: Air Bagan China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Power Investment Cisco Systems Daewoo International (part of Posco) Google (part of Alphabet) Hyundai Heavy Industries Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company) KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) NORINCO (China North Industries) Vodafone Wanbao Mining
Italian-Thai Development response to video of villagers rejecting consultation on road construction [Myanmar
Author: Italian-Thai Development
…The video refers to such activities as forest encroachment by the wealthy clearly this cannot be attributable to the project and the developer cannot even address this problem. Other issues such as landslides and river pollution, somewhat exaggerated...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Villagers block Dawei road to protest Ital-Thai Development’s alleged failure to compensate for lost livelihoods Video shows villagers affected by road construction rejecting consultation by Italian-Thai Development for allegedly not meeting requirements of free, prior & informed consent.
- This is a response from the following companies: Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company)
Author: Aung Shin, Myanmar Times
Italian-Thai Development will step aside as the developer of the Dawei Special Economic Zone, a Myanmar government official told The Myanmar Times…Thura U Thaung Lwin, chairman of the Dawei project’s management committee, said…that Ital-Thai did not...
Author: Another Development for Burma
Villagers from the Kamawthway River Valley in Dawei have rejected a meeting organized by academics from the Environment Research Institution of Chulalongkorn University, who were hired by the Italian-Thai Development Company. Around 100 village...
Author: Karen News
The Karen National Union (KNU) are frustrated with the lack of transparency and cooperation showed by the Italian-Thai Development Company’s environmental surveyors. The KNU accuse the ITD’s surveyors of refusing their officials the opportunity to...
- Related companies: Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company)