Jeppesen (part of Boeing)
Author: Henry K. Lee, San Francisco Chronicle
The U.S. Supreme Court rejected a bid Monday by five former U.S. captives to revive their lawsuit accusing a Bay Area flight-planning company of arranging for the CIA to send them to countries where they were tortured. The men said in their suit that...
- Related stories: Jeppesen lawsuit (re extraordinary rendition flights)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Boeing Jeppesen (part of Boeing)
Author: Francisco Javier Zamora Cabot, Universidad Jaume I de Castellón
Vinculándose con diversas iniciativas de las Naciones Unidas respecto de las empresas multinacionales y los DD.HH…[el Informe…Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights]…enfatiza la obligación de…proveer el acceso a…reparación…haciéndose patente...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Chevron/Texaco por actividades en Ecuador Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Chiquita por actividades en Colombia Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Hudbay por actividades en Guatemala Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra la empresa Drummond Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Shell por actividades en Nigeria Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Barrick Gold Boeing Chevron Chiquita Drummond Emperor Mines Hudbay Minerals Infinito Gold Jeppesen (part of Boeing) Pacific Rim Mining Pfizer Porgera (joint venture Barrick Gold & Mineral Resources Enga) Rio Tinto Shell Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron)
Author: Jose Luis Gomez del Prado, for Global Research
The new security industry of private companies moves large quantities of weapons and military equipment. It provides services for military operations recruiting former militaries as civilians to carry out passive or defensive security. However, these...
- Related stories: Abu Ghraib lawsuits against CACI, Titan (now L-3) Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident) DynCorp lawsuit (re Colombia & Ecuador) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: BAE Systems Blackwater Boeing BP CACI Deutsche Bank DynCorp Goldman Sachs Jeppesen (part of Boeing) L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Lockheed Martin Meteoric Tactical Solutions MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) Shell Triple Canopy Unity Resources Group Xe (formerly Blackwater)
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for lawsuit against Jeppesen Dataplan (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Boeing) over allegations of abduction, transfer by aeroplane to secret locations, torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading...
Author: Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nations Global Compact
This publication provides company managers and staff with essential knowledge of what human rights are and how they are relevant for business. It also outlines some key elements of what it means to respect and support human rights in practice. It is...
- Related in-depth areas: Guidance & Tools Guidance on human rights policies Guidance tools for business Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: 7-Eleven Abercrombie & Fitch Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Anjin (joint venture Anhui Foreign Economic Construction, Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation & Govt. of Zimbabwe) Barneys Beowulf Mining Boeing Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Century Miracle Jordan Chinalco (Aluminum Corporation of China) Chiquita Facebook First Quantum Minerals Ford Forever 21 Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) GEO Group Google (part of Alphabet) Hershey Hon Hai Hospira Hudbay Minerals Jeppesen (part of Boeing) Kroger L'Oreal LafargeHolcim Lonmin Lundbeck Lush Mars Microsoft Mylan Laboratories Nestlé Newmont PepsiCo Pfizer Qatar Airways Rio Tinto Skanska Standard Chartered Tahoe Resources Telenor Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone