Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies)
Headquarters in Canada
Author: Karen McVeigh, Guardian
The 75 signatories to the accord...will guarantee that in every case where unsafe conditions are found, funds will be made available for necessary safety upgrades...But only three US retailers have signed up to the plan. American firms are reportedly...
- Related stories: 2 agreements to improve safety in Bangladesh garment factories launched this week: "Accord on Fire and Building Safety" and "Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety"
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Calvin Klein (part of PVH) H&M Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) Marks & Spencer Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sean John Clothing Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart
Author: Steven Greenhouse, New York Times
Feeling pressure from consumer and labor groups for not doing more to ensure factory safety in Bangladesh, Wal-Mart, Gap and numerous other retailers along with the nation’s main retail federations are seeking to forge a new plan to promote safety in...
Author: Caroline Crosdale, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
Plus de 40 entreprises, essentiellement européennes, ont adopté un plan sécurité anti incendie après l'effondrement du Rana Plaza au Bangladesh. Plusieurs grandes marques américaines, notamment WalMart et Gap, ont choisi de lancer leur propre...
- Related stories: L’ONG Peuples Solidaires salue l’accord sur la sécurité des usines au Bangladesh, mais regrette que l’indemnisation des victimes n’y figure pas
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Cinven Gap H&M Inditex J.C. Penney Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) Loblaw Companies PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sean John Clothing Sears Target Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Luc Peillon, Libération [France]
Le bilan de l’effondrement…d’un immeuble abritant des ateliers de textile…au Bangladesh, a dépassé…les 1000 morts. Dorothée Kellou, chargée de mission au sein de Peuples solidaires, ONG membre du collectif Ethique sur l’étiquette, dénonce la...
Author: Anne D'Innocenzio, Associated Press
…Last week's building collapse in Bangladesh that killed hundreds of clothing factory workers put a spotlight on the sobering fact that people in poor countries often risk their lives working in unsafe factories to make the cheap T-shirts and...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Challenges to "ethical" clothing: complex supply chains & most shoppers more concerned with fit and price than working conditions
- Related companies: American Apparel Associated British Foods Banana Republic (part of Gap) Cato Children's Place Gap Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) Loblaw Companies Nike Old Navy (part of Gap) Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sears Walmart Walt Disney
Bangladesh: Rana Plaza garment factory building collapse - media coverage, commentaries, company responses
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Compilation of coverage, commentaries on the collapse of the Rana Plaza garment factory building, 24 April 2013, in which over 1,100 people died. The building housed Phantom Apparels Ltd., New Wave Style Ltd and New Wave Brothers Ltd, which supplied...
- Related stories: La Red Internal. de Derechos Humanos destaca casos de abusos por parte de empresas en sus consideraciones para el 2do. foro de la ONU sobre empresas y derechos humanos
- Related companies: Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) C&A Cato Children's Place Dress Barn Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) KiK Mango Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun European Partners (part of Sun Capital Partners) Walmart