J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Associated Press
Author: Danielle Knight, Inter Press Service
Continuing with their effort to block financing of China's Three Gorges Dam, environmentalists are warning investors that bonds to be sold soon will indirectly finance the mammoth hydropower project that critics say will be a social and environmental...
Author: Michael J. Bazyler, Professor of Law at Whittier Law School, in ACLU International Civil Liberties Report 2001 [American Civil Liberties Union]
An Update [includes updates on human rights-related lawsuits against Credit Suisse, Union Bank of Switzerland, Swiss Bank Corporation, German & Austrian banks, French banks, Barclays Bank, Chase Manhattan Bank, J.P. Morgan, European insurance...
Author: Sophie Holtham, Reputation Impact, in Ethical Corporation Magazine
Asia Pulp & Paper (APP), Indonesia's largest pulp and paper producer, has rarely faced direct challenges from NGOs. Instead it is the banks that fund the company that are targets for attack...Over 300 international financial bodies are identified...
Author: Michael Harrison, Independent [UK]
Cadbury Schweppes, the UK soft drinks and snacks giant, is the European food manufacturer most at risk of being sued by consumers claiming that its products contribute to obesity, according to a research report by JP Morgan...The research lists Hershey...
- Related stories: Food firms to cut levels of hydrogenated vegetable fat amid threat of obesity lawsuits [Cadbury, Nestle, Kellogg, United Biscuits]
- Related companies: Altria Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Coca-Cola J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) PepsiCo Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Unilever
Author: Jeff Shaw, Multinational Monitor
The brutality of the ruling military junta, the elegance of the Burmese democratic movement and the strategic savvy of an international solidarity movement have spurred a multinational corporate procession out of the country, and away from support for...
- Related stories: Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Related companies: Arco (part of BP) BP Chevron Children's Place Citibank (part of Citigroup) Citigroup J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kenneth Cole Perry Ellis International Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Africa Energy Intelligence
In recent weeks, CNPC, advised by JP Morgan [JPMorgan Chase], has initiated talks with [its affiliate] PetroChina - advised by Citigroup in its turn - on selling the affiliate all of its international holdings, particularly in Sudan...Up to the present...
Author: Nostromo Research & India Resource Center
[also refers to Bharat Aluminum Company (BALCO), Madras Aluminium Company (MALCO), Vedanta Alumina, Hindustan Zinc (all part of Vedanta Resources); Sterlite Industries (major shareholder of Vedanta Resources), Twin Star Holdings, Volcan Investments,...
- Related stories: India: NGO report accuses Vedanta Resources of displacing communities, violating environmental laws & workers' rights
- Related companies: ABN Amro BHP Billiton J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Vedanta Resources WorleyParsons