Kay Jewelers (part of Signet)
Kay Jewelers website: www.kay.com
US retailers can now buy gold from conflict-free mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo says the Responsible Artisanal Gold Solutions
Author: Juliane Kippenberg & Jo Becker, Human Rights Watch
"Jewelers CAN Trace Their Gold - Gold from Conflict-Free Mines in Congo Sold in US Jewelry Stores", 2 November 2018...
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Modern slavery Natural Resources
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers (part of Anglo American) Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Goldcorp Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Jewelers Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Janet H. Cho, Plain Dealer (USA)
"Signet Jewelers adopts policy to promote more openness and trust in the diamond supply chain", Feb 16, 2016...
USA: Appeals court revives Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's gender bias case against Kay Jewelers
"Gender Bias Case Revived Against Nation's Biggest Jeweler", 11 Sep 2015...
Enough Project working with Tiffany, Signet Sterling & other leading jewellers to source gold from conflict-free mines in central Africa
[video refers to Macy's, Tiffany, Kay (part of Signet), Zales (part of Signet)]
Author: Associated Press
A lawsuit against a nationwide chain of jewelry stores claims female workers were discriminated against and some were sexually harassed. The lawsuit by current and former employees claims that Sterling Jewelers [part of Signet] practices a pattern of...
Author: No Dirty Gold
...11 jewelry retailers are announcing their support for the No Dirty Gold campaign's Golden Rules criteria for more socially and environmentally responsible mining, bringing the total number of jewelry retailers supporting the Golden Rules up to 19.....
- Related stories: No Dirty Gold campaign recognises commitment to social & environmental rules by 19 jewellery sellers including Birks & Mayors, QVC, Tiffany, Wal-Mart, Zale - Target pressured to join
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Berkshire Hathaway BHP Billiton Brilliant Earth Cartier (part of Richemont) Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) De Beers (part of Anglo American) Fortunoff Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Kroger Liberty Media Piaget (part of Richemont) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Signet Jewelers Sterling (part of Signet) Target Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Eight of the World’s Leading Jewelry Retailers Urge Mining Industry To Clean Up 'Dirty' Gold - No Dirty Gold campaign applauds jewelry industry leaders on Valentine’s Day
Author: Oxfam America
For the first time ever, eight of the world’s top jewelry retailers have pledged to move away from “dirty” gold sales and are calling on mining corporations to ensure that gold is produced in more socially and environmentally responsible ways. The...
- Related in-depth areas: Supply chain/"Fair trade" - an introduction
- Related companies: Berkshire Hathaway Cartier (part of Richemont) Fortunoff Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) J.C. Penney Jostens Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Kmart (part of Sears) Kroger Liberty Media Piaget (part of Richemont) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Rolex Sears Signet Jewelers Sterling (part of Signet) Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Whitehall Jewellers
Author: Oxfam America
...No Dirty Gold campaign took out the first in a series of ads...in national publications...[that] call on jewelry firms, and other businesses that use gold, to insist the gold they buy—and sell—is produced in ways that do not harm communities,...