Khon Kaen Sugar
Headquarters in Thailand
Cambodia: About 100 community representatives seek intervention for their compensation from a UK company - Tate & Lyle
Author: Sokun Khut, VOD
"Villagers Accuse UK Firm of Failing to Pay Compensation in Sugar Dispute", 26 December 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Villagers reject Tate & Lyle Sugar’s latest offer to settle UK lawsuit; company resigns from Bonsucro due to same lawsuit
- Related companies: Khon Kaen Sugar Koh Kong Sugar Industry Co., Ltd. & Koh Kong Plantation Co.,Ltd. Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining)
Author: Tomaso Ferrando
"Land Rights at the Time of Global Production: Leveraging Multi-Spatiality and 'Legal Chokeholds'," 17 July 2017...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 2, Issue 2)
- Related companies: Khon Kaen Sugar Koh Kong Sugar Industry Co., Ltd. & Koh Kong Plantation Co.,Ltd. Tate & Lyle
In May 2016 the report "Land Grabbing and Human Rights: The Involvement of European Corporate and Financial Entities in Land Grabbing outside the European Union" was published on behalf of the European Parliament. The report examines cases of land...
Author: Maureen Harris, Earth Rights International
“Landmark Report Promotes Human Rights in Transboundary Investments“, 10 Jun 2015...
Natl. Human Rights Commission of Thailand confirms human rights abuses in Koh Kong sugar plantation in Cambodia
Author: EarthRights International
"Human Rights Violations in Koh Kong Sugar Plantation Confirmed by Thai Human Rights Commission", 3 Jun 2015...
- Related stories: Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: American Sugar Refining Khon Kaen Sugar Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining)
Cambodia: Evictees in land dispute claim Thai company made them sign compensation agreements they can’t read – includes company comments
Author: Aun Pheap & Zsombor Peter, Cambodia Daily
“Evictees Sign Payout Deal They Can’t Read”, 27 October 2014...
Cambodia: Phnom Penh Sugar accuses NGO of causing “irreparable damage” to Senator’s/owner’s reputation; NGOs stand by claims of Senator’s links to rights abuses
On 18 August 2014, Phnom Penh Sugar took out advertisements in major Cambodian dailies saying that accusations made against its owner Senator Ly Yong Phat with regard to activities in Koh Kong and Oddar Meanchey are “irresponsible and without...
Cambodia: Thai Human Rights Commissioner backs villagers’ claims of land confiscation, other abuses by Mitr Phol Sugar
Author: Zsombor Peter, Cambodia Daily
“Thai Human Rights Body Says Plantations Stole Land”, 14 August 2014...