Member of UN Global Compact
Author: Dr Caroline Emberson of the University of Nottingham's Rights Lab with contributions from Dr Silvia Pinheiro, PUC Rio and Marilyn Croser, CORE
“Tackling slavery in supply chains: lessons from Brazilian-UK beef and timber”, March 2019...
- Related stories: Brasil-Reino Unido: Trabalho forçado, devida diligência e resultados de pesquisa sobre cadeias de fornecimento de carne bovina e madeira, incluindo respostas a questionário enviado a empresas Brazil-UK: Forced labour, due diligence & beef and timber supply chains research results, includes outreach to companies
- Related companies: JBS Kimberly-Clark Sainsbury's
President Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Agreement has faced significant criticism from the business community. In advance of the decision, over one thousand companies publicly declared their support for the Paris Agreement and following the...
The Industrial Energy Consumers of America (IECA) does not speak for Kimberly-Clark on environmental or climate issues. Kimberly-Clark believes that action must be taken to address climate change and we support the direction of the Paris Agreement's...
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- This is a response from the following companies: Kimberly-Clark
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Becky Dempsey, GreenBiz
More than 700 sustainability executives are set to convene next month in Arizona to discuss the trends, tools and technologies needed to move their companies toward a more sustainable future, energized by the climate goals set last month by the Paris...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox 3M Baxter International Best Buy Boeing Campbell Soup Dell Dow Chemical Facebook Gap Genentech General Motors Kimberly-Clark Land O'Lakes McDonald's McKinsey Ralph Lauren Sealed Air Siemens Sodexo Staples Starbucks Steelcase Target Tiffany VF Corp Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management
Author: Mark Hodge, Global Business Initiative on Human Rights
On June 1st, Ed Potter, Director of Global Workplace Rights at The Coca-Cola Company retires. In order to mark the occasion of Ed's retirement, a number of business leaders wanted to express their appreciation for his contribution to the agenda and to...
- Related stories: Reactions to the retirement of Ed Potter, Director of Global Workplace Rights at Coca-Cola
- Related in-depth areas: Food & beverage Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: ABB General Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Kimberly-Clark Lenovo Levi Strauss Microsoft Motorola Mobility (part of Lenovo) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Shell Total Unilever Walt Disney
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage
Author: Mary Mazzoni, TriplePundit
Climate Counts and the Center for Sustainable Organizations just released what they call the “world’s first” science-based company rankings,...[assessing] the emissions performance of 100 companies from 2005 to 2012 within the context of climate...
- Related stories: Study finds over half of global companies surveyed are emitting "unsustainable" levels of carbon
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb BT Canon Cemex Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Electrolux Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fuji Photo Film Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors H&M Halliburton Hasbro Heineken Herman Miller Hess Corporation Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyundai Group IBM Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods L'Oreal Lexmark Limited Brands Marks & Spencer Marriott Merck Microsoft Molson Coors Nestlé News Corporation Nippon Steel Nokia Novartis Office Depot Panasonic PepsiCo Pfizer Praxair Procter & Gamble Reckitt Benckiser Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller Samsung Sharp Sherwin-Williams Siemens Sony State Street Target Tesco Toshiba Toyota Unilever United Technologies UPS Verizon Volkswagen Volvo Group Walmart Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Brown Shoe Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Ernst & Young Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block H. J. Heinz (see Heinz) Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Engineering Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg's Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland Safeway (USA) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa International Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!