Headquarters in USA
USA: Marathon Petroleum allegedly ran stealth campaign to roll back car emissions standards; inc. company comments
Author: Hiroko Tabuchi, The New York Times
"The oil industry's covert campaign to rewrite American car emissions rules," 13 Dec 2018...
President Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Agreement has faced significant criticism from the business community. In advance of the decision, over one thousand companies publicly declared their support for the Paris Agreement and following the...
Author: Koch Industries
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- This is a non response from the following companies: Koch Industries
USA: Political funding committee controlled by BP supports candidates who undermine human rights, deny climate science, says Chris Avery
Human rights expert Christopher Avery has raised concerns about support by BP's political action committee for US Senate and Congressional candidates who question the science of climate change, oppose legislation to expand health care coverage, oppose...
USA: Ford cuts ties with ALEC following revelation of funding relationship; NGOs welcome move citing lobby group's climate change denial
Author: Ed Pilkington, Guardian (UK)
"Ford Becomes Latest Major Corporation to Dump ALEC"...
Commentary: "Internal documents show fossil fuel industry has been aware of climate change for decades"
Author: Elliott Negin, Union of Concerned Scientists, (USA)
"Internal documents show fossil fuel industry has been aware of climate change for decades", 8 July 2015...
Author: Roger Harrabin, BBC
Chief executive Paul Polman said governments must set clear CO2 targets to force low-carbon innovation. Speaking ahead of a business climate summit in Paris this week, he urged fellow chief executives to help create a “political licence” for...
- Related stories: Paris Climate Week: Call for businesses to step up climate action
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Koch Industries Shell Unilever
USA: Microsoft leaves business org. ALEC, reportedly in split over climate change & renewable energy
Author: Ari Natter, Bloomberg
Author: Coral Davenport, New York Times
More than two dozen of the nation’s biggest corporations, including the five major oil companies, are planning their future growth on the expectation that the government will force them to pay a price for carbon pollution as a way to control global...
Author: Consejo Latinoamericano de Ciencias Sociales, CLACSO
En…2012, se llevó a cabo el curso virtual sobre “Ecología política y metabolismo social” del cual se derivaron una serie de trabajos de estudios de caso sobre conflictos ambientales en América Latina. Además, se realizó…una base de datos preliminar...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Archer Daniels Midland Argosy Minerals Ltd. BHP Billiton Blackfire Exploration Bunge Cargill Celulosa Arauco y Constitución (CELCO) China Railway Construction Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources) Empresas CMPC Energy Transfer Partners First Majestic Silver Flint Hills Resources (part of Koch Industries) Fortuna Silver Mines Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Gran Colombia Gold Koch Industries MAG Silver Medoro Resources Minera Alumbrera Limited Minera Cuzcatlan (part of Fortuna Silver) Minera Real Bonanza (part of First Majestic Silver) Minera San Xavier (part of New Gold) Monsanto (part of Bayer) Murphy Oil New Gold Repsol Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) Vale Valero Energy Yamana Gold YPF