KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Korea
Response rate: 60%
(click here for an explanation)
Author: UN Principles for Responsible Investment
A coalition of global investors from 13 countries, managing over US$2.1 trillion of assets, today added its voice to the increasing calls for better corporate reporting on environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) activities. The...
- Related stories: Coalition of investors say 86 companies participating in UN Global Compact are failing to meet requirements on environmental, social, governance reporting
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Assa Abloy Autostrade Banco Sabadell Bayer Coca-Cola Hellenic Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (now Vale) Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Enagás Geberit Henkel Iberia INA Inditex Intesa Sanpaolo Kesko KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) MAPFRE Mitsui Nedbank Newmont Nikon (part of Mitsubishi Group) Osaka Gas Pearson Puma Rio Tinto SCA Siemens SK Corporation Standard Chartered Talisman Telefónica Trelleborg Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Vaisala Vale Woongjin Coway Yara
Author: Irrawaddy News
Danica Pension, the Danish state pension fund, says it will not invest in Daewoo “because of its breach of international guidelines in connection with its activities in Burma.” Daewoo leads a foreign consortium developing part of Burma’s largest...
[PDF] Total Impact: The Human Rights, Environmental, and Financial Impacts of Total and Chevron's Yadana Gas Project in Military-Ruled Burma (Myanmar)
Author: EarthRights International
...[New] evidence collected through 2009 attests to the on-going violent abuses committed by the Burma Army providing security for the companies [Chevron and Total] and the [Yadana] project... [This] report further documents the Burma Army's role in...
- Related stories: Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Related in-depth areas: Disclosure/use of payments to governments - an introduction
- Related companies: Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Daewoo International (part of Posco) DBS Bank GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) OCBC Bank ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
[PDF] A Governance Gap: The Failure of the Korean Government to hold Korean Corporations Accountable to the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises Regarding Violations in Burma
Author: EarthRights International (ERI) and the Shwe Gas Movement (SGM)
In late 2008, representatives from EarthRights International (ERI) and the Shwe Gas Movement (SGM) traveled to Seoul, Korea to file a 48-page Korean-language complaint with the Government of Korea regarding violations of the Guidelines by Daewoo and...
Author: OECD Watch
[Overview of pending cases and recently concluded/ rejected cases brought under the OECD Guidelines, including:...
- Related companies: Afrimex Anglo American BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ConocoPhillips Daewoo International (part of Posco) Delta Hess (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Eni GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Hess Corporation ING KBC KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Marathon Oil Shell Statoil Total Unocal (part of Chevron) Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
Burma's military government has signed a deal with a consortium of four foreign firms...South Korea's Daewoo and Korea Gas Corporation, and India's ONGC Videsh and GAIL... to pipe natural gas into neighbouring China...The deal...also involves...
Author: William Boot, Irrawaddy [Thailand]
The South Korean government has rejected a complaint by...Earth Rights International...that industrial conglomerate Daewoo International and government-owned Korea Gas Corporation have condoned human rights abuses...in Burma in pursuit of gas...
Author: EarthRights International
The Government of Korea has rejected a complaint filed by EarthRights International on behalf of the Shwe Gas Movement (SGM) and nine Korea-based organizations alleging Daewoo International and the Korea Gas Corporation (KOGAS) are in breach of the...