Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
Author: Prem Sikka, Professor of Accounting at Univ. of Essex in Guardian [UK]
The key policy is that from April 2013, potential suppliers to central government for contracts of £2m or more will have to declare whether they indulged in tax avoidance…The policy is high on gimmicks and empty gestures, and short on substance. The...
- Related stories: UK Govt. to exclude companies found guilty of aggressive tax avoidance from bidding for major govt. contracts
- Related in-depth areas: UK corporate tax avoidance - 2012-2013
- Related companies: Barclays BNY Mellon Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ernst & Young KPMG Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) PricewaterhouseCoopers
Response by KPMG: NGO issues rejoinder to companies’ responses to health & environmental concerns about Kok-Jailau ski resort construction.
- Related stories: Kazakhstan: NGO issues rejoinder to companies’ responses to health & environmental concerns about Kok-Jailau ski resort construction
- Related companies: KPMG
Author: Sergey Kuratov, Green Salvation
We appreciate the responses received from the Design Team sub consultants of Kok-Zhailyau project – Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners Ltd, KPMG, Horwath HTL, CaspiEcology, Engineerisk, ARUP, and GeoData Plus (Design Team). However, it is rather...
Author: Joseph Ax, Thomson Reuters
A proposed gender discrimination class action against accounting firm KPMG brought by five female former employees who claim they were denied pay raises and promotions can move ahead largely intact, a Manhattan federal judge ruled. [He] rejected most...
Author: Fran Abrams, BBC
New tax laws are too heavily influenced by major corporations and accountancy firms, the chairwoman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has claimed. The government "only talks to those who have a self interest in reducing their tax contribution",...
- Related stories: UK: Chair of Public Accounts Committee says new tax laws too heavily influenced by large corporations & accountancy firms
- Related companies: KPMG Vodafone
Author: Editorial, HR Magazine [UK]
Lesbian, gay and bisexual charity, Stonewall has released its annual list of Top 100 'gay-friendly' employers in the UK. [Refers to Accenture, Gentoo Group, The Co-operative, Ernst & Young, Barclays, IBM, Simmons & Simmons, Metropolitan,...
- Related stories: Accenture named most "gay-friendly" employer in the UK by charity's Workplace Equality Index
- Related companies: Aviva Baker & McKenzie Barclays Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ernst & Young Herbert Smith Freehills (formerly Herbert Smith) IBM JPMorgan Chase KPMG Lloyds TSB Morgan Stanley PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Royal Bank of Scotland
In 2012, KPMG International issued a Human Rights Statement consistent with the UN's Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. This is a sign of our commitment to respecting human rights and it builds on our long-standing support for the United...
- Related companies: KPMG