Headquarters in USA
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor
APG Asset Management…has detailed the 19 companies it excludes from its portfolio – as well as outlining its plans to develop a formal environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy...During the year APG made investments in…energy saving...
- Related companies: Aerostar International (part of Raven Industries) Alliant Techsystems APG BP Daewoo International (part of Posco) General Dynamics Goodrich Hanwha L-3 Communications Larsen & Toubro Lockheed Martin NORINCO (China North Industries) Poongsan Raytheon Shell Tata Group Textron Total Vedanta Resources
Author: José L. Gómez del Prado, UN Working Group on the Use of Mercenaries
PMSCs do have an impact on the enjoyment of human rights…“Private soldiers”….[are] individuals who can violate human rights as much as be victims of human rights violations…Summary executions, disappearances, torture…bad working conditions…lack of...
Author: Human Rights First
Human Rights First today urged the Supreme Court to hear the case against CACI International and L-3 Services (formerly Titan Corporation), companies whose employees are alleged to have tortured detainees at Abu Ghraib. The group notes that the...
Retired Senior Military Officers, Rights Groups File Amicus Briefs Asking Supreme Court to Hear Abu Ghraib Torture Case
Author: Center for Constitutional Rights
[T]hree amicus curiae…briefs were filed in the Supreme Court, in support of CCR’s petition for certiorari in its case against CACI and L-3 Services (formerly Titan), two corporations whose employees are alleged to have participated in the infamous...
Author: Rob Edwards, Herald [UK]
Royal Bank of Scotland is facing fresh allegations about its…investments in dirty and dangerous industries…Human rights group Amnesty International says RBS…provided support worth £163 million to Vedanta…The company runs an aluminium refinery…in...
[PDF] Stakeholder Submission on United States Obligations to Respect, Protect and Remedy Human Rights in the Context of Business Activities
Author: Center for Constitutional Rights, EarthRights International, Western Shoshone Defense Project, ESCR-Net
This joint stakeholder submission analyzes the United States’ record in discharging its obligations to respect, protect and remedy in the context of human rights abuses involving business enterprises acting abroad and on or near indigenous lands in...
- Related stories: Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) EarthRights Intl. submits two reports to UN: coalition report on US corporate accountability & EarthRights Intl. report on human rights litigation Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Blackwater Bridgestone Caterpillar Chevron Chiquita KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Pfizer Titan (now L-3 Titan) Unocal (part of Chevron) Xe (formerly Blackwater)
Author: Council on Ethics for the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global
The Council on Ethics for the Norwegian Government’s Pension Fund Global…makes recommendations…on the potential exclusion of companies from the Pension Fund on the basis of acts or omissions that contravene the criteria in the Ethical Guidelines for...
- Related companies: Alliant Techsystems Barrick Gold Dongfeng Motor DRDGold Elbit Systems Freeport-McMoRan General Dynamics Hanwha L-3 Communications Lockheed Martin Norilsk Nickel Poongsan Raytheon Rio Tinto ST Engineering (Singapore Technologies Engineering) Textron Thales United Technologies Vedanta Resources Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) Walmart
Author: Esther Vandenbroucke, IKV Pax Christi & Roos Boer, Netwerk Vlaanderen
This publication...presents...financial institutions’ investment in companies that develop or produce cluster munitions, on financial institutions disinvesting from producers of cluster munitions and on legislative measures to prohibit investment in...
- Related stories: Cluster Munition Coalition calls on govts to stop banks investing in companies producing cluster bombs
- Related in-depth areas: Finance
- Related companies: Aberdeen Asset Management Aerostar International (part of Raven Industries) Alliant Techsystems Allianz Allstate AMP Group ANZ Bank ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) AXA BAE Systems Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BlackRock BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Capital Group Citigroup Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daewoo Group Daiwa Securities Danske Bank DBS Bank Deutsche Bank Dexia Eaton Vance Fidelity Investments Folksam Fortis General Electric Goldman Sachs Groupe Banque Populaire Hanwha Henderson Global Investors (part of AMP Group) HSBC ING Intesa Sanpaolo Invesco JPMorgan Chase KBC Kookmin Bank L-3 Communications Legal & General Legg Mason Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Morgan Stanley Natixis Nordea Bank Northrop Grumman Old Mutual Oppenheimer & Co. PGGM Poongsan Principal Financial Prudential plc Rabobank Raven Industries Raytheon Regions Financial Rheinmetall Royal Bank of Scotland Russell Investments Scotiabank Shinhan Bank SNS Reaal Société Générale Standard Life State Street Storebrand Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) SunTrust Banks T. Rowe Price Thales TIAA-CREF Triodos Bank UBS US Bancorp Vanguard Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wells Fargo West LB Woori Bank (part of Woori Financial Group) Woori Financial Group
Author: Jenny S. Lam, California Law Review
Despite heightened attention in recent years to PMC [private military contractor] accountability, commentators have largely ignored PMCs’ potential tort liability under the Alien Tort Statute (“ATS,”…)…Ibrahim v. Titan Corp.28 and Saleh v. Titan Corp....
- Related stories: Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuit (re Colombia & Ecuador) Jeppesen lawsuit (re extraordinary rendition flights) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Blackwater CACI Coca-Cola DynCorp Jeppesen (part of Boeing) L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Titan (now L-3 Titan)