Public Eye Awards 2013
For the annual "Public Eye Awards", which the organisers (Greenpeace Switzerland & Berne Declaration) say are for the "worst cases of corporate human rights abuses and environmental misdeeds", seven companies were nominated in January 2013.
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the companies to respond to this press release detailing the reasons for their nominations:
- Alstom response [DOC]
- Coal India did not respond
- G4S response [PDF]
- Rejoinder from John Grayson & Adri Neiuwhof in openDemocracy to G4S response
- We invited G4S to respond to this rejoinder and it referred us to its earlier response
- Goldman Sachs did not respond
- Lonmin response [PDF]
- Repower did not respond
- Shell declined to respond
On 24 January 2013 it was announced that Shell had "won" the Public Eye Award 2012, and that a separate award had also been conferred on Goldman Sachs, by a jury.