Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in China
China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces; Includes company responses
In March 2020, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) published a report Uyghurs for sale: ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang, which identified 83 foreign and Chinese companies as allegedly directly or indirectly...
Author: Australian Strategic Policy Institute
[The Australian Strategic Policy Institute published a report entitled "Uyghurs for sale - ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang" in February 2020.]...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Acer adidas Alstom Amazon.com Apple Asus BMW Bombardier Bosch BYD Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carter's Changan Cisco Systems CRRC Dell Electrolux Fila Gap Geely General Electric General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Haier Hisense Co. Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HTC Huawei Technologies L.L.Bean Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Li Ning Marks & Spencer Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Nike Nintendo Nokia North Face (part of VF Corp) Oppo Electronics Panasonic Polo Ralph Lauren Puma Samsung Sharp Siemens Skechers Sony TDK Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Toshiba Tsinghua Tongfang Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volkswagen Xiaomi Zara (part of Inditex) ZTE
Hong Kong: AI firm Megvii reportedly faces additional queries from HKEx on IPO application after blacklisted by US over alleged involvement in human rights violations
Author: Bloomberg (US)
“Chinese AI Giant Megvii Faces HKEX Queries on IPO Application”, 22 November 2019...
- Related stories: USA government blacklists more Chinese tech companies due to concerns on treatment of Muslim minorities
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Alibaba.com China Mobile Citigroup Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Lenovo Megvii
Author: WEED e.V.
'Am anderen Ende der Lieferkette. Was tun IT-Herstellerfür einen verantwortungsvollen Bezug von Rohstoffen?' 20 April 2019...
Facebook says it has data-sharing partnerships with four Chinese electronics companies, which raises concern over users' privacy
"Facebook has data-sharing partnerships with at least four Chinese electronics companies, including a manufacturing giant that has a close relationship with China’s government, the social media company said on Tuesday. The agreements, which date to at...
Author: Servimedia, EcoDiario (España)
“Amnistía denuncia que baterías de móviles y coches eléctricos proceden del trabajo infantil”, 15 de Noviembre de 2017...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers