Lev Leviev Group
Headquarters in Israel & Occupied Palestinian Territories
(click here for an explanation)
Author: ZEMBLA -Onderzoeksjournalistiek
Although still in its early days, Donald Trump's presidency is coming under fire...In the second part of our programme about Donald Trump's controversial friends, we will set our sights on the Israeli billionaire Lev Leviev, who is controversial...
Author: Eliza Capai e Natalia Viana, A Pública (Brazil)
“Em Angola, a Odebrecht no espelho-Como a empreiteira brasileira tornou-se sustentáculo do regime autoritário de José Eduardo dos Santos”, 22 de fevereiro de 2016...
Author: Khadija Sharife & John Grobler, World Policy Journal
Omega’s illegal diamond trade linked countries in central Africa to Omega subsidiaries in Dubai and...Antwerp...Omega would purchase diamonds of questionable origin for little to no money in Angola, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Zimbabwe. They...
- Related in-depth areas: Extractive industry Kimberley Process Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: ASCORP (Angola Selling Corporation) (joint venture Endiama, Lev Leviev Group, Omega Diamonds) De Beers (part of Anglo American) Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) Intuit Lev Leviev Group
Leviev’s Africa Israel Continues Settlement-Building, Contradicting 2010 Pledge [Israel & Occupied Territories]
Author: Adalah-NY [USA]
In November 2010…AI [Africa Israel, owned by Lev Leviev]...[said] “Neither the company nor any of its subsidiaries and/or other companies controlled by the company are presently involved in or has any plans for future involvement in development,...
Author: Rafael Marques de Morais, allAfrica.com
Angolan anti-corruption campaigner Rafael Marques de Morais has filed a criminal complaint with the attorney-general of Angola against two diamond mining companies and their directors, who include top military officers. Marques...alleges that the...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Alfa 5 Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) ITM Mining Lev Leviev Group Lumanhe Luminas (Sociedade Mineira de Luminas) (joint venture Lev Leviev, Endiama & Twins Ltd) Odebrecht SDM (Sociedade de Desenvolvimento Mineiro de Angola) (joint venture Odebrecht & Endiama) Teleservice
Author: Michael Allen, Wall Street Journal [subscription required]
International pressure helped end a vicious civil war [in Angola]…by strangling the ability of rebels to trade diamonds for weapons. Angola is now a leading member of the…Kimberley Process... But a visit to Angola's diamond heartland reveals that...
Author: Kenza Berrada, Thesis presented in fulfillment of requirements for the EDHEC diploma
In the first part of this research paper, two essential concepts are defined – human rights corporate policies/management systems and financial performance. The second part of the paper consists of case studies and other types of evidence aiming at...
[PDF] Principles and Mechanisms to Hold Business Accountable for Human Rights Abuses: Potential Avenues to Challenge Corporate Involvement in Israel's Oppression of the Palestinian People
Author: Yasmine Gado, BADIL Resource Center
One of the most important legal challenges today is the battle to hold transnational corporations (TNCs) accountable for their involvement in human rights violations. Efforts are currently being made by a variety of actors in what is referred to as the...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Ahava Alstom Caterpillar Chevron Connex (part of Veolia Environnement) Dexia Drummond Elbit Systems Fidelity Investments General Motors Lev Leviev Group Motorola Shell Talisman Unocal (part of Chevron) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev) Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
[Financial services and retirement firm] TIAA-CREF confirmed in statements…today that it divested from Africa-Israel earlier this year. The statements responded to a letter initiated by Adalah-NY and signed by TIAA-CREF clients calling on TIAA-CREF to...
Author: Erik Hagen, Norwatch
Norwatch wrote last week that the British fiduciary BlackRock had sold its investments...[in] Africa-Israel Investments, who participate in the building of the settlement Ma'aleh Adumim...Through the...banks Storebrand, Danica Pensjon and Skandiabanken...
- Related stories: BlackRock divests from Africa-Israel allegedly due to firm's involvement in West Bank settlement construction
- Related companies: Africa Israel BlackRock Lev Leviev Group Storebrand