LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Korea
Author: Servimedia, EcoDiario (España)
“Amnistía denuncia que baterías de móviles y coches eléctricos proceden del trabajo infantil”, 15 de Noviembre de 2017...
New report highlights UN Sustainable Development Goals-related risks for businesses, recommends solutions
Author: Vaidehi Shah, Eco-Business (Singapore)
"Why failure to achieve the SDGs is bad news for business", 19 Sep 2017...
NGO Commentary: Korean govt's response to UNWG visit fails to acknowledge poor labour conditions and negative health impacts of companies
Author: Correspondence NGO group of the UN Working Group’s visit to Korea, Korean House for International Solidarity (Republic of Korea)
"Comment: The government’s response to UN Working Group’s Korea visit report does not reflect the Korean reality", 11 June 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: South Korea, 23 May - 1 Jun 2016
- Related companies: Asahi Glass Fine Techno Korea Busan Transportation Corporation Daewoo International (part of Posco) GTS Korea Hyundai Heavy Industries Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Hyundai Steel Korea Minting and Security Printing Corporation LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Lotte Co. Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation Posco Samsung Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation SK Corporation Yoosung Enterprise Co.
South Korea: Report asserts that Samsung and LG Electronics should take responsibility for acute methanol poisoning of workers in third-tier suppliers – companies respond
Author: LG Electronics
When we learned about a methanol incident associated with a third-tier supplier, LG Electronics took immediate action to address this serious situation. LG carried out inspections of methanol usage at all of our supplier locations and implemented...
- Related stories: South Korea: Report asserts that Samsung and LG Electronics should take responsibility for acute methanol poisoning of workers in third-tier suppliers – companies respond
- This is a response from the following companies: LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.)
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is working with International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran on the "Iran Business Responsibility" (IBR) project....
Author: UN Working Group on business & human rights
The Working Group welcomes the Government’s commitment to the Guiding Principles and the topic of business and human rights. It emphasizes the importance of moving from commitment to action and embedding the Guiding Principles in all commercial and...
Negative effects of lithium mining on indigenous communities in Chile & Argentina exposed by Washington Post investigation; includes company statements
Author: Todd C. Frankel & Peter Whoriskey, Washington Post
“Tossed aside in the ‘white gold’ rush: Indigenous people are left poor as tech world takes lithium from under their feet”, 19 December 2016...
- Related stories: Tracking human rights violations & environmental impacts in lithium batteries supply chains in China, DRC & So. America
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple FMC General Motors LG Chem LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Panasonic Samsung Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) Tesla Motors Toyota
Tracking human rights violations & environmental impacts in lithium batteries supply chains in China, DRC & So. America
This series of stories in the Washington Post found that the manufacture of lithium-ion batteries - the power source for smartphones, laptops and electric cars - is linked to human rights abuses and environmental pollution in cobalt mines in Congo,...