Headquarters in USA
China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces; Includes company responses
In March 2020, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) published a report Uyghurs for sale: ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang, which identified 83 foreign and Chinese companies as allegedly directly or indirectly...
Author: Australian Strategic Policy Institute
[The Australian Strategic Policy Institute published a report entitled "Uyghurs for sale - ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang" in February 2020.]...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Acer adidas Alstom Amazon.com Apple Asus BMW Bombardier Bosch BYD Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carter's Changan Cisco Systems CRRC Dell Electrolux Fila Gap Geely General Electric General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Haier Hisense Co. Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HTC Huawei Technologies L.L.Bean Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Li Ning Marks & Spencer Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Nike Nintendo Nokia North Face (part of VF Corp) Oppo Electronics Panasonic Polo Ralph Lauren Puma Samsung Sharp Siemens Skechers Sony TDK Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Toshiba Tsinghua Tongfang Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volkswagen Xiaomi Zara (part of Inditex) ZTE
Suppliers evaluate textile companies' responsible purchasing practices in Better Buying Purchasing Practices Index Report
Author: Better Buying
Better Buying Index Report Spring 2018, 22 May 2018...
- Related companies: 360 Sweater Company Abercrombie & Fitch American Eagle Outfitters Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Burberry C&A Canada Pooch Cato Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Children's Place Debenhams Destination Maternity Dimensions (part of Tailored Brands) Edinburgh Woollen Mill Fashion Pool GmbH Fenix Group Gap Giorgio Armani Hakro Hanes (part of Hanesbrands) Helly Hansen Hobbs House of Fraser Inditex J. Crew J.C. Penney JP Boden & Co Karen Millen Kate Spade & Company Kohl's L.L.Bean Levi Strauss Macy's Mammut Sports Group Mark's/L'Équipeur Work Wearhouse (part of Canadian Tire) Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Pretty Green PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Rapha Racing Reiss Sainsbury's Sportsgirl Strategic Partners Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Talbots Target Tesco The White Company Tommy Bahama Group Uber A/S Urban Outfitters VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates Walmart Whistles White Stuff
Author: Brandon Carter, The Hill
L.L. Bean announced Thursday it will no longer sell guns or ammunition to anyone under 21 years of age. The Maine-based outdoors company posted the announcement to its Twitter account in a response to a customer who asked the company to no longer sell...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety (Alliance) is a legally binding, five-year commitment to improve safety in Bangladeshi ready-made garment (RMG) factories. The Alliance was organized in 2013 through the Bipartisan Policy Center with...
Author: Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility
On the second anniverary of the Rana Plaza tragedy in Bangladesh, in April of 2015, a coalition of global investors representing $2.5 trillion in assets sent letters to corporate members of the Bangladesh Accord for Fire and Building Safety (Accord)...
- Related stories: Rana Plaza two years on: Progress, but compensation and workers' rights still lacking
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas American Eagle Outfitters Benetton C&A Carrefour Carter's Cato Children's Place Costco Esprit Gap H&M Hudson's Bay Inditex J.C. Penney Jones Group Just Group Kohl's L.L.Bean Loblaw Companies Macy's Mango Marks & Spencer Nordstrom Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sears Target Tesco VF Corp Walmart
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold Delhaize AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Caleres (formerly Brown Shoe) Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block H. J. Heinz (see Heinz) Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa Inc. Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!
Author: International Labour Rights Forum
Companies across the US and Europe have taken a stand against forced child labor in the production of Uzbek cotton. In addition, some companies are working hard to develop clear traceability for cotton and other components of clothing....[C]ompanies...
- Related in-depth areas: Key initiatives Key initiatives & reports Positive initiatives on children's rights
- Related companies: American Eagle Outfitters ASDA (part of Walmart) Bed Bath & Beyond C&A Columbia Sportswear Continental Clothing Eileen Fisher Gap Hanesbrands J.C. Penney Jones Group Kohl's Krenholm (part of Boras Wäfveri) L.L.Bean Levi Strauss Limited Brands Macy's Marks & Spencer Nike Nordstrom PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Target Tesco Timberland (part of VF Corp) TJX VF Corp Walmart Walt Disney