Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
Author: William McLennan, The Ecologist
Europe’s biggest airlines, including British Airways, Lufthansa and KLM [part of Air France KLM] have announced a major biofuels drive despite UN calls to limit biofuel growth...The EU has set targets for 10 per cent of transport fuels to come from...
Author: Sethi International Center for Corporate Accountability, Inc.
Sethi CSR Monitor has analyzed reports by 514 companies selected from a worldwide database...findings are offered in a just-released study, Making Sense of CSR 2010...companies in Europe have better quality reports than their counterparts in the...
- Related stories: Global study assesses quality of companies' corporate social responsibility and sustainability reporting
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Aetna Alcoa Barrick Gold BHP Billiton BMW Goldman Sachs Husky Energy Hyundai Kia Motor Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Infosys Lufthansa Samsung Sinopec Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) Unilever
Author: UN Global Compact
The chief executives of the following 245 companies have expressed interest in signing the statement: 4C Strategies, A. Raymond, A.Z. Industries, AB Volvo Group, ABIMIP, Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA), Adecco Japan, Adetel Group, Adriatica,...
- Related companies: Anglo American Aramex Arcelor Mittal Arla Foods ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Autostrade Aviatur AXA Bacardi Limited Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bayer BBVA Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carrefour CNP Assurances Comcraft Group Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Cosco Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo E.ON Eni F&C Asset Management Fortis France Telecom (now Orange) Fuji Xerox (joint venture Fuji Photo Film & Xerox) Fujitsu Siemens (part of Fujitsu) Fujitsu Technology Solutions (part of Fujitsu) H&M Hartmann Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Holmen Iberdrola INA Isagen (part of Brookfield) Japan Airlines Johnson Controls Levi Strauss Lexmark Li & Fung Lonmin Lufthansa Mabati Rolling Mills (part of Comcraft Group) Migros Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Mytilineos National Grid Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nexen NH Hoteles Noir Norsk Hydro Novartis Orano (formerly Areva) Pearson Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Publicis Randstad Ricoh Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Saint-Gobain Sanofi Sasol Shell SKF SNS Reaal Sonae Souza Cruz (part of British American Tobacco) Standard Chartered Talisman (part of Repsol) TAQA Total UBS Unilever Vinci Volvo Group
Author: UK Gay News
A gay flight attendant with the German airline Lufthansa claims he has been dismissed following an incident where the police were involved when he had his boyfriend in a Tokyo hotel room during a ‘stop-over’. Shinichi ‘Toshi’ Uto, aged 40 and a...
- Related companies: Lufthansa
Author: Combat Climate Change
A group of 46 leading international companies today called on governments to work together to develop a global policy framework to combat climate change...The companies...have combined in an international business initiative called Combat Climate...
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alstom Bayer BP British Sky Broadcasting Centrica Citigroup CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) Eskom Fortum General Electric Hitachi Iberdrola Lufthansa MAN Munich Re Norske Skog NRG Energy Orano (formerly Areva) Orsted PG&E PNM Resources RAO-UES Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) SAP SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Siemens Suez Tata Group Vattenfall Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement)
Author: José Ramón Pin, Pilar García Lombardía, Ángela Gallifa, IESE Business School, Universidad de Navarra
Caja Madrid tiene un programa de reclutamiento de universitarios marroquíes...Marco Aldany...ha abierto escuelas de formación profesional en Lima...VIPS...recluta directamente a sus empleados en el extranjero...[En] Repsol YPF, no se diferencian.....
- Related stories: Reporte de IESE sobre diversidad en empresas europeas, sobretodo españolas, destaca las buenas prácticas
- Related companies: American Express Caja Madrid Citibank (part of Citigroup) Citigroup Deutsche Bank Grupo VIPS HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Lufthansa Marco Aldany NH Hoteles Repsol YPF Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural)
Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary has hit back at criticism from the climate change minister [Ian Pearson], saying his airline was "the greenest in Europe"...Mr Pearson said: "When it comes to climate change, Ryanair are not just the unacceptable face of...
[PDF] Tourism and sustainability in Brazil - The tourism value chain in Porto de Galinhas, Northeast Brazil
Author: Bart Slob & Joseph Wilde, SOMO – Centre for research on Multinational Corporations
This report examines the tourism industry in Brazil...In Brazil, tourism activities are essentially carried out by the private sector. The leading companies in the sector are Accor Hotels...Varig...Localiza Rent-a-Car...Carlson Wagonlit Travel.....
Author: Dalit Solidarity Network (UK)
As caste discrimination in South Asia is permeating all aspects of life, foreign investors often play a role in reinforcing caste discrimination, even if not consciously...DSN-UK [Dalit Solidarity Network UK] developed the Ambedkar Principles, drawing...