Mahindra & Mahindra
Former UN Global Compact participant. De-listed for not communicating on progress
Author: M Saraswathy, Sharmistha Mukherjee & Viveat Pinto, Business Standard (India)
It is a trend that threatens to assume alarming proportions in corporate India. Incidents of labour unrest have been on the rise in recent years across companies, pointing to growing discontent among workers over wages and other issues. The list of...
Author: Kim So-yon, Hankyoreh [So. Korea]
Workers are being progressively squeezed by compensation claims and provisional attachments from employers [for holding strikes]. The situation is reversing the gains made with an agreement reached eight years ago in which labor and management said...
Author: Kanika Datta, Business Standard [India]
Is India Inc really prepared to play its part in bridging the gap between development and environmental protection?...NGO Center for Social Markets (CSM) has produced a film titled In Good Company: Corporate India and the Climate Challenge that partly...
- Related stories: India: Interview with Malini Mehra - how Indian firms are addressing, and failing to address, climate change
- Related companies: Godrej & Boyce ITC Mahindra & Mahindra Tata Group
Author: Gurbir Singh, Businessworld [India]
Over the past four-six months, there has been a steady increase in the number of labour disputes and flash strikes...Companies that had been spoilt by not having to deal with aggressive unions in the spell of high growth are finding it difficult to...
CSM [Centre for Social Markets] launches film on corporate India and climate leadership at World Business Summit on Climate Change
Author: Centre for Social Markets
The Centre for Social Markets (CSM) launched a film today profiling corporate leadership on climate change in India at the World Business Summit on Sustainable Development in Copenhagen...Called, In Good Company, the 55-minute documentary tells the...
Author: Centre for Social Markets & Xanthus Productions
A film on...corporate India and the climate challenge...shows how India Inc. is poised to take leadership on climate change.
- Related stories: "In Good Company": Documentary on Indian firms taking the lead on climate change India: Interview with Malini Mehra - how Indian firms are addressing, and failing to address, climate change
- Related companies: Deutsche Bank Godrej & Boyce HSBC Infosys Mahindra & Mahindra Shell Tata Group Wipro
Author: Economic Times [India]
Labour unrest could be rearing its head in India if incidents at three companies are anything to go by. Auto majors Mahindra...
Author: Karmayog.org [India]
The Karmayog Corporate Social Responsibility Study and Ratings of Indian Companies was undertaken to explore and understand the role that corporates are playing...in finding meaningful solutions to the problems facing India today...Karmayog undertook....
- Related stories: India: Survey of social & environmental activities & reporting by India's 1000 largest companies finds much room for improvement
- Related companies: ACC Limited (Associated Cement Companies) Aditya Birla Group Ballarpur Industries Canara Bank Essar Group HDFC ICICI Infosys Mahindra & Mahindra Reliance Industries Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Yes Bank