Member of UN Global Compact
Author: Alex Ivanou, Intl. Metalworkers' Federation (IMF)
MAN SE Executive Board, the MAN SE Works Council and the IMF have signed a Joint Declaration on Human Rights and Working Conditions in the MAN Group. The Agreement defines a reliable set of minimum labour standards that all MAN employees worldwide can...
- Related companies: MAN
Author: Intl. Peace Information Service
Since MAN has learned about the military use of their dual-use equipment in Darfur, the company has decided to halt all business with its Sudanese partners as a formal company policy. Consequently no more business transactions have taken place with...
- Related stories: Sudan: Renault Trucks & MAN vehicles allegedly used by govt. backed Janjaweed to facilitate human rights abuses in Darfur, according to Intl. Peace Information Service brief
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: MAN Renault Trucks (part of Volvo) Toyota Volvo Group
Author: Jeremy van Loon and Eva von Schaper, Bloomberg
Siemens AG, Munich Re and 10 more companies agreed to draw up blueprints for a project to harness power from the Sahara Desert sun to bring extra electricity to European homes... Siemens...will try to prove the estimated $555 billion Desertec project...
Author: Chief executives of 13 automobile companies, in letter to Financial Times
Sir, As the chief executives of 13 auto companies [BMW Group, Porsche, DAF Trucks, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Daimler, Renault, Fiat Group, Scania, Ford, Volkswagen, General Motors, Volvo, MAN] producing and marketing our products around the world, and...
Author: Combat Climate Change
A group of 46 leading international companies today called on governments to work together to develop a global policy framework to combat climate change...The companies...have combined in an international business initiative called Combat Climate...
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alstom Areva Bayer BP British Sky Broadcasting Centrica Citigroup CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DONG Energy Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) Eskom Fortum General Electric Hitachi Iberdrola Lufthansa MAN Munich Re Norske Skog NRG Energy PG&E PNM Resources RAO-UES Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) SAP SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Siemens Suez Tata Group Vattenfall Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi)
Author: Intl. Confederation of Free Trade Unions (ICFTU)
[Updated Jan 2005] The database has been compiled by the ICFTU, based on publicly available information. It is a database of companies which appear, from the information available, to have some form of relationship with Burma...This list is not...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas Other issues Southeast Asia
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Kent Acer Aditya Birla Group Adventures Abroad Air Canada Air China Air France KLM Airbus (part of EADS) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Amer Aon APL Limited (part of Neptune Orient Lines) Aptech Bangkok Bank Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Ben Line Agencies Berli Jucker Bernas BJ Services Blue Mountain BlueScope Steel Cambrian Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Celio CHC Chengda Chevalier Chia Khim Lee China Academy of Telecommunication Technology China Airlines China CAMC Engineering China Exim China Metallurgical (MCC) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Telecom Chiyoda Coles Group Cosco CP (Charoen Pokphand) Crédit Agricole Daewoo International (part of Posco) Davis Langdon DBS Bank Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diethelm Keller DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dongfeng Motor Downer Edi East Asiatic Company Electricité et Eaux de Madagascar Eni ESRI First Cabin Fortinet Fritz Werner Company Fuji Heavy Industries GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Garuda Indonesia General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Hagemeyer Hapag-Lloyd Group Hazama Hitachi Hitchins Hutchison Whampoa Hyosung Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group IHC Caland Indian Airlines Indian Oil Corporation Inetol Headwear Ingersoll-Rand Intergraph International Finerhandel International Hardwood Flooring International SOS Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company) Itochu Ivanhoe Mines Japan Airlines Jardine Matheson Jet Gold JFE Kajima Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kmart (part of Sears) KMC Oiltools KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Korea East-West Power (part of Korea Electric Power) Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Korea United Pharm Leeward Capital Leica Geosystems Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Lexmark LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) LightPointe Lloyd's of London Lonely Planet Louis Dreyfus LSG Sky Chefs Lufthansa Majuko Malaysia Airlines MAN Marubeni Michelin Midas Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) MMC Nera Nestlé Network Equipment Technologies NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) Nippon Koei Nippon Oil Nishimatsu Construction Nissei Noble Caledonia OCBC Bank OCS Okaya Omega Watches (part of Swatch) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) OOCL (part of Orient Overseas (International) Limited) Otis (part of United Technologies) Pansea Hotels & Resorts Pertamina Petronas PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Qantas Airways Ranbaxy Laboratories Rheinmetall Robbins Timber Rolls-Royce plc Samsung Schenker Schindler Schlumberger Schneider Electric Sea Containers Senao Shangri-La Hotel Shin Siemens Singapore Petroleum Sinopec Snamprogetti (part of Eni) Sojitz Solvay SriLankan Airlines State Bank of India Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Wah Suzuki Swatch Swift (co-operative) Telekom Malaysia Texchem Thai Airways International Thomas Cook Total Toyota Ukrspetsexport UMW United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Van de Stadt Waagner-Biro Willis Zhejiang Orient Holding ZTE