Marks & Spencer
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
Outreach to companies on relationships with apparel manufacturers & response to the COVID-19 pandemic
Visit our apparel COVID-19 action tracker...
Author: Marks & Spencer
- Related stories: Outreach to companies on relationships with apparel manufacturers & response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- This is a response from the following companies: Marks & Spencer
Brazil: International Backlash over Amazon land reform bill, includes an open letter; Sweden’s AP7 pension fund, Sainsbury's and Marks & Spencer, were among more than 40 companies that signed
“British supermarkets threaten Brazil boycott over proposed forest law. British supermarkets have warned Brazil they might have to boycott its products if lawmakers there pass a contentious bill that could enable faster destruction of the Amazon...
- Related stories: Brasil: Medida Provisória de regularização fundiária estimula devastação da Amazônia
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: Ahold Delhaize Aldi Süd AP7 ASDA (part of Walmart) Burger King Iceland (part of the Big Food Group) Kerry Group Marks & Spencer Metro AG Migros Nando's Ocado Robeco Sainsbury's Storebrand Swedbank Tesco Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership)
Global unions, employers & brands join call to action to protect garment workers during COVID-19 pandemic
The International Organisation of Employers, the International Trade Union Confederation, IndustriALL Global Union, Bangladesh Employers’ Federation and major brands and retailers are working with the International Labour Organization to take action to...
Bangladesh: Millions of garment workers continue to be threatened with job & income losses, as global brands cancel orders due to COVID-19
Author: David Schilling, Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR)
“The collateral damage of Covid-19 in the Bangladesh apparel sector”, 24 April 2020...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Seven years on from Rana Plaza factory collapse, garment workers' lives at risk again amid COVID-19 Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
- Related companies: adidas Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Inditex Marks & Spencer Nike PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Target Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) VF Corp
Fashion Transparency Index 2020 ranks fashion brands & retailers on social & environmental issues; Finds majority of brands lack transparency
Author: Fashion Transparency Index
"The Fashion Transparency Index 2020", April 2020...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas Aeropostale Air Jordan (Nike, Inc.) Aldi Nord Aldi Süd ALDO (The Aldo Group Inc.) Amazon.com American Eagle Outfitters Anta Sports Products Anthropologie (part of Urban Outfitters) Aritzia ASDA (part of Walmart) Asics ASOS Balenciaga (Kering) Bally Banana Republic (part of Gap) BCBGMAXAZRIA (Centric Brands) Beanpole (Samsung C&T) Belle International Holdings Limited Bershka (Inditex) Big Bazaar-ffb (Future Group) Big W (part of Woolworths Group) Billabong (Boardriders, Inc.) Bloomingdales (part of Macy's) Bonprix (Otto Group) Boohoo Bosideng International Holdings Limited Bottega Veneta (Kering) Brooks Brothers Brooks Running (Brooks Sports, Inc.) Brunello Cucinelli Burberry Burlington C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Calzedonia Canada Goose Carhartt Carolina Herrera (Puig) Caroll (Vivarte) Carrefour Cato Fashions Celine (LVMH) Celio Champion (part of Hanesbrands) Chanel Chico's FAS Children's Place Chloé (Richemont) Claire's (Apollo Global Management) Clarks Cole Haan (Apax Partners) Columbia Sportswear Converse (part of Nike) Cortefiel Costco Cotton On Group Debenhams Décathlon Desigual Diane Von Furstenberg Dick's Sporting Goods Diesel Dillard's Dior (part of LVMH) DKNY (G-III Apparel Group) Dolce & Gabbana Dr. Martens (Permira) Dressmann (Varner-Gruppen AS) DSW (Designer Brands) Eddie Bauer El Corte Inglés Elie Tahari Ermenegildo Zegna Esprit Express, Inc. Falabella Famous Footwear (Caleres) Fanatics Fashion Nova Fendi (LVMH) Fila Fjällräven (Fenix Outdoor International AG) Foot Locker Forever 21 Foschini Fossil Group, Inc. Free People (Urban Outfitters) Furla G-Star Raw Gap Gerry Weber Gildan Activewear Giorgio Armani Gucci Guess Hanes (part of Hanesbrands) Heilan Home Helly Hansen HEMA Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hermès Hollister (part of Abercrombie & Fitch) Hudson's Bay Hugo Boss Intimissimi (Calzedonia Group) Ito-Yokado J.Crew Jack & Jones (Bestseller) JCPenney Company, Inc. JD Sports Fashion Jil Sander (Onward Holdings) Jockey Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) K-Way (BasicNet) Kate Spade & Company Kathmandu Kaufland KiK Kmart (part of Sears) Kmart Australia (part of Wesfarmers) Kohl's Koovs L.L.Bean La Redoute (Groupe Galeries Lafayette) Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Land's End (part of Sears) Levi Strauss Li Ning Lidl Lindex Loft (Ascena Retail Group, Inc.) Longchamp Lululemon Athletica LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Macy's Mammut Sports Group (Conzzeta AG) Mango Mango (Punto Fa, S.L.) Marc Jacobs (LVMH) Marks & Spencer Marni (OTB Group) Massimo Dutti (Inditex) Matalan Max Mara Fashion Group Merrell (Wolverine World Wide, Inc.) Metersbonwe Group Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Michael Kors (part of Capri Holdings) Miu Miu (Prada) Mizuno Moncler SpA Monoprix Monsoon Accessorize Morrisons Mr Price Group Limited ("MRP") MUJI Neiman Marcus New Balance New Look New York & Company, Inc. New Yorker Next Nike Nine West (part of Jones Group) Nordstrom North Face (part of VF Corp) Old Navy (part of Gap) Otto OVS SpA Patagonia Pepe Jeans Pimkie (Association Familiale Mulliez) Prada PrettyLittleThing (part of Boohoo) Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Prisma (S Group) Pull & Bear (part of Inditex) Puma Quicksilver Ralph Lauren Reebok (part of adidas) REI Reliance Trends (Reliance Retail) Reserved (LPP Spółka Akcyjna) Revolve River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Ross Stores Roxy (Boardriders) Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway) s.Oliver Sainsbury's Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Salvatore Ferragamo SpA Sandro-Paris (Groupe SMCP) Skechers Speedo (part of Pentland Group) Sports Direct Steve Madden, Ltd. Stradivarius (Inditex) Superdry Takko Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Target Australia (part of Wesfarmers) Tchibo TechStyle Fashion Group (formerly JustFab Inc.) Ted Baker Tesco Tezenis (Calzedonia Group) The Buckle, Inc. The Jessica Simpson Collection Timberland (part of VF Corp) TJ Maxx (part of TJX) Tod's Tom Ford Tom Tailor Tommy Bahama Group Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Topman (Arcadia Group) Topshop (part of Arcadia) Topvalu Collection (AEON) Tory Burch LLC Triumph International Truworths UGG (part of Deckers Brands) Under Armour Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) United Arrows United Colors of Benetton Urban Outfitters Valentino Van Heusen (PVH) Vero Moda (part of Bestseller) Versace Very (Shop Direct) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Walmart Walt Disney Warehouse Woolworths Holdings Wrangler (part of VF Corp) Youngor Group Yves Saint Laurent (Kering) Zalando SE Zara (part of Inditex) Zeeman
Author: The Institute for Human Rights and Business via CSR Wire
"UK Supermarket Bosses Pressed on Employee Health & Safety by Human Rights Think Tank", 25 March 2020...
Major apparel brands delay & cancel orders in response to pandemic, risking livelihoods of millions of garment workers in their supply chains
Major apparel brands and retailers are cancelling or postponing orders (including those already produced) as the COVID-19 pandemic forces store closures in Europe and the United States, risking the livelihoods of millions of garment workers in their...