Headquarters in USA
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
Commentary: Chocolate makers facing lawsuits over failure to effectively address use of child labour in cocoa supply chains
Author: Rosa Furneaux, Mother Jones (USA)
"Your Halloween Candy’s Hidden Ingredient: Child Slave Labor", 31 Oct 2018...
- Related stories: Hershey lawsuit (re child labour in Côte d’Ivoire) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Hershey Mars Nestlé
Major US food companies establish sustainability alliance to benefit fishing communities & the environment
Author: Christine Blank, SeafoodSource
"Major US food companies form sustainability alliance", 18 July 2018...
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: The use of consumer protection laws for corporate accountability
Africa: Mars has no legal duty to disclose information about possible forced child labor on its product labels, rules court
Author: Bob Egelko, mrt.com (Etats-Unis)
"Mars bars don’t need possible slave labor warning on wrapper, court rules", 6 June 2018...
USA: Court dismisses lawsuit against Mars over failure to disclose alleged use of child labour on its product labels
Author: Maria Dinzeo, Courthouse News (USA)
"Ninth Circuit Sides With Mars in Slave Labor Dispute", 4 June 2018...
Author: Norton Rose Fulbright and the British Institute for International and Comparative Law
Making sense of managing human rights issues in supply chains: 2018 report and analysis, May 2018....
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart