Headquarters in USA
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
Africa: Mars has no legal duty to disclose information about possible forced child labor on its product labels, rules court
Author: Bob Egelko, mrt.com (Etats-Unis)
"Mars bars don’t need possible slave labor warning on wrapper, court rules", 6 June 2018...
USA: Court dismisses lawsuit against Mars over failure to disclose alleged use of child labour on its product labels
Author: Maria Dinzeo, Courthouse News (USA)
"Ninth Circuit Sides With Mars in Slave Labor Dispute", 4 June 2018...
Author: Norton Rose Fulbright and the British Institute for International and Comparative Law
Making sense of managing human rights issues in supply chains: 2018 report and analysis, May 2018....
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
Cambodian farmers file lawsuit in Thailand against sugar producer Mitr Phol over alleged land grabbing
Author: Ethical Corporation
"Rise of the robots", Jan 2018...
Author: Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
Consumers from Massachusetts today filed a class-action lawsuit against Nestle for allegedly regularly importing cocoa beans from suppliers in the Ivory Coast using the worst forms of child labor as recognized by the UN, including dangerous child...
- Related stories: USA: Class action suit filed against Nestlé for allegedly failing to inform customers of child labor in supply chain
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Hershey Mars Nestlé